Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I loved having Paddington read to me, many years ago, and apparently there is a fairly new Paddington book out on Kindle. Maybe he'd enjoy this?

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
One of my step-sons has aspergers. When he was that age, was was reading Harry Potter, LoTR, The Hobbit, and the RA Salvadore (sp?) Dragonlance series.

He loves fantasy and really loves epic fantasy. However, if yours is in the SF range, start with the classics: Issac Asimov, Jules Verne, and Andra Norton.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
How about A. Lee. Martinez (mind you, I don't have a 7 year old and the themes range very broadly--so check them for safety for kids!)  I think a couple of his works might be a nice fit!

Also:  Books by Vivian Vande Velde

ShadowMagic by John Lenahan and the Sequel Hazel and Oaks (haven't read this yet.)

Both ShadowMagic and the sequel are on sale on Kindle.  One is 99 cent and the other around 1.60.  ShadowMagic ROCKED!

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Aaaand, Wistril Compleat by Frank Tuttle.  Good fantasy--short stories, but all set in the same world.  So short enough for short attention spans, but a continuation, so more enjoyable!!!

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
What books have worked thus far?  I have a nephew about that age who does love to read.  His favorite are the animorph series and the TreeHouse Mysteries.  But he looooooves those animorphs!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts