Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
lostknitter,

You can save the downloaded files to any device to which you could save other files -- thumb drives, SD cards, external hard drives, CDs...  It seems that some Kindle users backup their files.  Others, for those books purchased from Amazon, simply rely of the ability to re download any previously purchased book from Amazon.  In other words, Amazon keeps a record of what you bought and you can get another copy from them.

Van...

· Registered
71 Posts
drenee said:
Thanks, DD. When I read your post I was thinking what you were doing was overkill. LOL. Brain freeze I guess. But like I said, I'm glad you said that since I'm going to be reciving a K2 next week sometime.
deb
New Kindle 2, deb. Fantastic. Do you know what time your UPS driver arrives -- to the MINUTE?

Van...

· Registered
71 Posts
Athenagwis said:
Well my question is. I currently have 2 Kindles on my account because I am getting a replacement for sun fade issue ... however when I log in and it gives me a drop down next to each book of what I can do, I can send it to Kindle 1, Kindle 2, or download to computer. So I only have one choice of downloading to computer, so how do I know which Kindle's DRM info it's going to have?

Rachel
Rachel,

The DRM will allow the downloaded book to be read on either Kindle since they are in the same Amazon account. Pretty cool.

Van...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.