Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I am appreciative of the free books, does anyone know of a blog, post, site...whatever that lists new books available on the Kindle? Or tracks new Kindle books? Amazon's email is pretty useless and doesn't come out frequently enough and I keep missing books that are newly published. I know this because lately, whenever I check my wish list, a new book has been published to Kindle. I have a non-Kindle and Kindle wishlist.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I really want a list of new books.  Thats something that Amazon doesn't really do well.  I know that new books (Kindle and otherwise) come out on Tuesdays for the most part, but can I browse to see what is out this week?  Or the last month?  Thats what I am looking for. Its easy to stay on track with the authors that you read regularly, but when they start to add up, new books are easy to miss.
  Hmm...I need to talk to some developers.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Jesslyn said:
Thanks, I really want a list of new books.
I am having the opposite problem.... I have so many samples and downloaded freebies I don't think I can ever catch up. There are so many good recommendations here, and the free e-book blogs dump another dozen on me every day. Then I go to the library to drop off 2, swear I won't look for any more, then end up taking 3 home.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gritting teeth - where...are....our....folders!

Seriously, I have both problems, heavy sigh.  I have to download all the samples I think I will be interested in because I don't really want to muck up my Wish List, but I also want to maintain purchases for authors that I follow while keeping older books because I'm a hoarder

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Really, the Kindle file structure is so archaic. Having to access the Kindle as a drive instead of using a clean desktop client is inane. You should be able to keep everything nice and neat in your desktop client, and have it sync. And, of course, there should be folders. People can complain about the B&W screen and the lack of backlight all they want, but this 20th century file system they are using is by far the biggest obstacle with the Kindle.

·
Super Moderator
67,250 Posts
Jesslyn said:
Thanks, I really want a list of new books.
If you log into your Amazon account and click "recommended for you" you get a list of books that match your buying/reading habits according to your history. The list defaults to "All", but you can click "new releases" or "coming soon" to see what's due out. It doesn't seem to have it sorted to whether it's a Kindle title or not but it's something. . . .

Ann

·
Registered
325 Posts
The Kindle Reader blog usually has good updates of what's new/recommended on Kindle, as well as other Kindle-related stuff: http://kindlereader.blogspot.com/

(I hope it's OK to post this, Mods).

I get the New on Kindle e-mail from Amazon, which has some new releases on it.

To be honest, I can barely keep up with what I have, let alone searching for new reading materials. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts