Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!  Being a new Kindle user, I do miss viewing a nicely illustrated book.  Does anyone know of any Kindle edition books that have pretty illustrations in them?  Even classic children books would be fine.  Thanks!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Elena said:
Hello! Being a new Kindle user, I do miss viewing a nicely illustrated book. Does anyone know of any Kindle edition books that have pretty illustrations in them? Even classic children books would be fine. Thanks!
The version of Pride & Prejudice I read has illustrations - I have a K1 so they didn't look as good as they would on a K2, but it was still nice to have them. I got that version free on mobileread.com. They have illustrated versions of almost (if not all) of Jane Austen's novels (all free, of course). Here's a link to her romance novels:

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/ebooks.php?s=&sort=ebook&order=asc&page=5&ltr=A&f=128&genreid=romance

Thats' the only illustrated book I've read (so far) on my Kindle.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
All seven of the Chronicles of Narnia books by C.S. Lewis have illustrations in them.  Because they are just black and white, they actually look pretty good on the K1. 

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just read The Adventures of Tom Sawyer in the Mobilereference Mark Twain collection and that had the illustrations I remember from when I was a kid.

But oddly, it didn't have the illustration of Tom's drawing of the house or of his pact with Huck carved into the wood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts