Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am waiting for my kindle to come in the mail, I live in Japan so shipping is taking a bit, and I am looking for cases. I am getting a 1st generation kindle, the SD slot really sold me on it, as well as the fact that I was able to get it for a song. Anyways, I was wondering if a K1 would fit in a case made for a K2. There just seem to be more cases for the K2. If not, then any suggestions on cases for a K1?

·
Registered
6,214 Posts
Don't use a K2 case for the K1.  There are a lot of K1 cases in Oberon Design, and there are other brands that you can find in the kindle accessory boards here.  M-Edge still has some nice leather cases for K1, as does Noreve.

A

·
0 Posts
Please search this forum. Your question has been asked and answered a million times. Trust me, you'll find more info then you ever dreamed of! No, the K2 and K1 are slighly different sizes.

Good luck- you will love your Kindle! :)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
NYCKindleFan said:
Please search this forum. Your question has been asked and answered a million times. Trust me, you'll find more info then you ever dreamed of! No, the K2 and K1 are slighly different sizes.

Good luck- you will love your Kindle! :)
You know I have kept fairly current on these boards and I don't remember this specifically being addressed with all the new cases out there. I think the question could have been answered with a little more tact. I too have wondered if any of the the zip around cases for K2 can be used with a KK so maybe someone that has a KK and a K2 can answer?

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
I don't remember it being addressed either sherylb. . .. I do know the K1 and K2 are slightly different sizes, with the K1 being a little shorter but thicker.  I would think that a zip around case for the K2 would fit the K1, but not vice versa.  Still, that's just a thought. . . .it would depend on how it was made, how much give in various directions, etc.

Also, Tarkin, you might find something that that will work in the stores over there once you get it. . . .Some of the casees for the smaller portable DVD players work well with a little modification.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
When the K2 came out, several people where trying to find a way to make their K1 cases usable with the new model, but I don't remember a thread for going the other way.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
ak rain said:
the Patagonia zip around that I gave away worked fine on the K2. the corner holders did not hold to my liking on the K1.
hope that helped
Sylvia
Thanks ak rain! What I am looking for is just a case that zips to carry my KK in, not necessarily to hold it while reading. What I am worried about is the left side thickness on the KK and if the slim zip cases would zip over a KK without trouble. While I like the B.B. bags, it's just not my thing. It seems like the KK has been somewhat orphaned in the accessories department and K2 has such great accessories, I'm jealous!! :D

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
have you seen the "Lightwedge" zip bag - it fits KK or K2 in Oberon cover. mine is a black velvet sort of material. it may not have the padding for protection for a naked kindle
Sylvia

1 - 11 of 11 Posts