Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
He says that people scheduled to get the kindle in late feb or march will be getting version 2.0.....

·
Registered
731 Posts
For those of us without the ability or know-how to listen to a podcast (Does it require an Ipod?) is there a way to get a transcript? Does he really say Amazon is going to deliver something that wasn't ordered to thousands of people?

·
Registered
175 Posts
You don't need an ipod to listen to it, in fact, you can just click on the little symbol that says POD (next to the main title) and it will open a window and start playing it for you on your computer. You can also save it to your computer to listen to later, or put it on an MP3 player.

·
Registered
463 Posts
ScottBooks said:
For those of us without the ability or know-how to listen to a podcast (Does it require an Ipod?) is there a way to get a transcript? Does he really say Amazon is going to deliver something that wasn't ordered to thousands of people?
Get the free itunes player from apple and the podcast downloads automatically (it comes out each Friday). Or just download the MP3 and play it with any player (or transfer to the audible directory on your kindle via USB to listen there).

He (and some others) are putting a lot of faith in an internet rumor (with a single source) and a bunch of conjecture based on the backlog of kindles (using this same reasoning, when the kindle was first introduced and sold out "indefinitely", all those back orders would have received version 2). Amazon is adamant that they don't sell one version and ship something else. I doubt they have any reason to release an update when the original is selling like hotcakes, unless it is geared towards an entirely different market: overseas use, a kid's version (more parental controls would be nice), a subscription version or library version, etc. Not that there is any confirmed, actual version 2 device for the US (the pictures look more like a Sony upgrade to add a keyboard or an old pre-kindle mockup that was rejected). Even if the pictures are an actual amazon product and it ships for US use, I can't imagine Amazon shipping a less capable unit to people that ordered 1.0.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ah, I kinda stopped listening after that. It seemed too far fetch, and kinda killed his credibility with me.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Dragoro said:
Ah, I kinda stopped listening after that. It seemed too far fetch, and kinda killed his credibility with me.
Yeah, I mostly listen for the interviews. They are usually pretty interesting. The tech tips are usually stuff I know already, and the Kindle quotes aren't terribly interesting to me.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Did you hear the tech tip that tells how to find out how close you are to the end of the chapter? I can't listen to the podcast because I'm hard of hearing and can't make it out. I tried googling for the answer and can't find it anywhere.

Melissa

·
Registered
193 Posts
I heard the first part of it. He said to go to the contents page before ya start reading and bookmark each chapter before you start reading the book. And to only use bookmarks to mark chapters. After  that I turned it off.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Harvey said:
FYI, there's a weekly Kindle podcast that you may want to check out.

It's http://thekindlechronicles.com/

And, there is a very special interviewee coming up in the next podcast. That's one I don't want to miss!
OK, I'll bite. I clicked the link & didn't see anything about up-coming guest. I gather its someone from these boards? One of our moderators, perhaps?

Marci

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Marci said:
OK, I'll bite. I clicked the link & didn't see anything about up-coming guest. I gather its someone from these boards? One of our moderators, perhaps?

Marci
It's me.

L

1 - 20 of 47 Posts