Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to link the Kindle with my desktop and create collections and move books around by drag and drop??  Or do you have to do it it on the Kindle?    Thanks

·
5,900 Posts
As far as I know, you can't manage collections on a device by attaching it to your PC.

But you could download Kindle for PC and create and manage you collections with that and then sync it with your account. Then, assuming you have one of the more recent Kindles you would need to sort to 'All' rather than 'Downloaded', then press 'Filter' and choose 'Collections'. Collections already on your device would have an asterisk beside them and you could tap on any that don't to add those. The contents of the collections would be automatically included.

·
5,900 Posts
LDB said:
Isn't there an add to collections function on "manage your c/d"? If you put them into a collection there and then sync would that do it?
You could do it that way, yes. But in my experience, the collection information it displays isn't always very accurate.

In fact, to be honest I don't think the whole collection content syncing thing works that well at all. I very often download a book to both the Kindles I use regularly, then put it into collections on one of them - for example I might put it into 'unread' and 'historical'. Then when I sync the other device it will appear in one of those collections, but not the other. This is not an occasional problem but something that happens almost all the time. I think it struggles to cope with the idea that a book might be in more than one collection.

Although it might seem like a bit of chore to put your books into collections using the Kindle, especially if you have a lot to do, I think if you have only one device it's probably the best way to do it. I suggested using Kindle for PC as the OP seemed to favour doing the work on their PC.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Do you have a phone or tablet? To be honest, I manage my collections exclusively on the phone/tablet app now. (I still read on a traditional e-ink Kindle though, of course!)

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is one area Amazon has been lax on. It is tedious to do large volumes on the device or on the website. I wish I could also do on the computer and have it synchronize. I don't get why we cant since it's supposed to connect with cloud but there we are :/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts