1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
67,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
okay the link isn't working for me, but I think I know what you are talking about. The ereader that is the same size as a standard 8x11 piece of paper with touch capability. heard about a couple of months ago. Looks sleek and all, but is it user-friendly like the kindle. (user friendly- easy to use and maintain)

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Tarma said:
Lousy name, but I think this could be the answer to the textbook issue. Kindle for fun, Logic for learning.
I agree; looks like Plastic Logic is targeting the business/educational market. If amazon also comes out with a student Kindle soon, it'll be interesting to see how they compare.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I hate when people review things they have never used.  But here I go...

Yea, I don't think the name was the best marketing move.

It's not going to be the fit in my purse and take everywhere kind of device.  I don't think I would be taking it everywhere.  I do like the different formats that it can use.  That's what I use my laptop for.  It does seem like kind of a cool hybrid between a laptop and a Kindle.  I could see the size being more user friendly as a textbook replacement.  It will be interesting.

One thing I think is really funny:  "gesture-based user interface"  I envision me giving it the finger  ;D

G

·
Well the key thing is e-ink.  It looks like it is a technology that is here to stay.  I think if I was into stocks, that would be a good place to invest.

I'm going to have to look into that.  :)

I like the idea of the Amazon Kindle having competitors.  In the end we all win as good ideas are 'borrowed' and bad ones tossed out.  It should also help keep prices down some and maybe open up a wider selection of e-books.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.