Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a confession to make. :-[

I have been a very bad Kindlemother.  Ever since Libi arrived at the Post Office she has been by my side. 24/7 by my side.

However, on Saturday morning I checked out of a Hotel and left her behind.  Then to make things worse, I did not notice she was missing until Saturday evening when I looked for her to read!  I stayed calm ... whatever happens, do NOT panic.  I scrambled to find a phone number then called the hotel immediately and YES housekeeping had turned her in.  Big sigh of relief!  We went back for her the next day and she is just fine.  I cannot believe I did that.

I have learned one lesson from this.  Do not leave your Kindle on the bed when you go to sleep.  Always put him/her/it on the bedside table.  She got tangled up in the bedclothes and because she was out of sight I left her behind.

Judging from another topic posted - leaving a Kindle on the bed is also a good way to get a broken Kindle.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Omigosh, Cat616, that's a heartstopping story, I'm so glad you and Libi were reunited!!!

It could be in the Horror thread in the Book Corner.  Thank you for the cautionary tale.  I've also left things behind on the bed; easy to do.  My husband and I have gotten in the habit of pulling the covers to see if there's anything there...but sometimes we forget!

Betsy

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I would have had a panic attack! I never leave anything on my bed...I got into the habit of putting everything on my night table early on which started with my glasses as a kid :p

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Thanks Cat...

I focus on putting Sir Sterndale Bennett on the beside table and I reach out for his cover first thing every morning (I am pathetic, I know). But I really do have horrible fantasies of leaving him on a plane, having him get tangled in the sheets...yikes!

L

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
If that makes your heart stop, how the heck did you ever make it through The Exorcist?

;)
I was much, much, much, much younger then.

;D

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
... I've also left things behind on the bed; easy to do. My husband and I have gotten in the habit of pulling the covers to see if there's anything there...but sometimes we forget!

Betsy
Yes Betsy, It is getting easier to forget these days... I never used to be so irresponsible... To top it off, somewhere along the way the recharger has gone missing. I am fairly sure I know where it is (not an hotel). I just cannot go back for it until next month. I will probably order that thingy Leslie said she uses. (In her Kindle book).

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
cat616 said:
Yes Betsy, It is getting easier to forget these days... I never used to be so irresponsible... To top it off, somewhere along the way the recharger has gone missing. I am fairly sure I know where it is (not an hotel). I just cannot go back for it until next month. I will probably order that thingy Leslie said she uses. (In her Kindle book).
There's also an iGo charger with tips that you can get through Amazon. I bought one with tips for all my devices. I only have to bring one charger and the tips with me for all my devices. (I think I have six tips, LOL!)

Betsy

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Leslie - Understood.  It works for you and your Kindle has had no ill effects from it so that is good enough for me.

Betsy - I will check the next time I go into town.  I may be able to find iGo locally.  Have you used it with your Kindle?

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
cat616 said:
I have a confession to make. :-[

I have been a very bad Kindlemother. Ever since Libi arrived at the Post Office she has been by my side. 24/7 by my side.

However, on Saturday morning I checked out of a Hotel and left her behind. Then to make things worse, I did not notice she was missing until Saturday evening when I looked for her to read! I stayed calm ... whatever happens, do NOT panic. I scrambled to find a phone number then called the hotel immediately and YES housekeeping had turned her in. Big sigh of relief! We went back for her the next day and she is just fine. I cannot believe I did that.

I have learned one lesson from this. Do not leave your Kindle on the bed when you go to sleep. Always put him/her/it on the bedside table. She got tangled up in the bedclothes and because she was out of sight I left her behind.

Judging from another topic posted - leaving a Kindle on the bed is also a good way to get a broken Kindle.
So glad your story had a happy ending!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Oh, this brings back horrid memories. My mom and dad went home and forgot me at my aunts house once. Forty years later and I'm still not over it. I understand what Libi went through and how she feels. You need to remind her that you really do love her and care about her and if you are lucky she will not need therapy when she gets older.

G

·
kim said:
Oh, this brings back horrid memories. My mom and dad went home and forgot me at my aunts house once. Forty years later and I'm still not over it. I understand what Libi went through and how she feels. You need to remind her that you really do love her and care about her and if you are lucky she will not need therapy when she gets older.
O! M! G!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
cat616 said:
Leslie - Understood. It works for you and your Kindle has had no ill effects from it so that is good enough for me.

Betsy - I will check the next time I go into town. I may be able to find iGo locally. Have you used it with your Kindle?
I believe they sell iGos at Radio Shack.

Cat, don't you live in a Whispernet-free zone? If you were in NH this weekend, did you get to experience Whispernet for the first time? WHat did you think?

L

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Leslie said:

Cat, don't you live in a Whispernet-free zone? If you were in NH this weekend, did you get to experience Whispernet for the first time? WHat did you think?

L
I am in a Whispernet free zone. I did enjoy Whispernet briefly when I first picked up Libi. It is fun, but not as much fun as I would have if they would let me BUY something. They will send me samples, but will NOT let me purchase books. I used the web service to find a store we wanted to revisit but I could not remember exactly which Rte it was on. That was really really cool.

I have some of the gadgets of the times and I have been computer literate since before the introduction of the Apple II, but I think that Libi is by far THE COOLEST of all of them. Yep, even better than my MacBook Air.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Leslie said:

L
They do sell them at Radio Shack, that's where I got mine. I'm honestly not sure if they have the kindle tip though, I ordered that from Amazon. It does say 'for kindle and most sprint phones', so they probably do if you just ask.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
cat616 said:
Leslie - Understood. It works for you and your Kindle has had no ill effects from it so that is good enough for me.

Betsy - I will check the next time I go into town. I may be able to find iGo locally. Have you used it with your Kindle?
Yep, they sell them at Radio Shack, as others have said, and it's what I'm used for the last month to charge my Kindle, my GPS, my Palm T/X, my iPods and occasionally my cell phone....

Betsy

1 - 20 of 33 Posts