Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
The first post that I see was on Feb 20 of this year. http://kindlecoverdisasters.tumblr.com/post/111568519855/yup-looks-like-its-going-to-be-a-real-dainty

And just like a bunch of other such blogs, they just HAVE to mock Paul Richmond's art.
Is there literally just one person running these sorts of things?

Yeah. You know what I'm fed up with? Seeing Paul Richmond's art mocked on these sorts of blogs. It's not original or funny. He creates better art than most original artists I've seen. But oh, it's GAY cheesecake so therefore let's mock it just like the worst MS paint job ever. :(

And I'm sorry, but a copycat tumblr that was started a couple of months ago, and is basically doing what a lot of other cover mocking blogs do...that's sooo original.

·
Registered
325 Posts
HSh said:
But oh, it's GAY cheesecake so therefore let's mock it just like the worst MS paint job ever.
Yeah. There was more than one post that gave me the impression that the real problem with some of the covers were that they were gay erotica. Or that they might involve old or overweight people being sexual.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
eleanorberesford said:
Yeah. There was more than one post that gave me the impression that the real problem with some of the covers were that they were gay erotica.
Thank you. I'm glad I wasn't the only one seeing it. You know, I wouldn't have said a word but this isn't a fluke; I've seen it too often on this sort of blog. It's just...what? He's a superb artist. You just don't like the subject matter!

Anyway, for those not familiar with Richmond's work, he did the "Gay Knights" illustration. Hard to believe anyone would have a problem with the artwork if the subject matter was different.

·
Registered
541 Posts
eleanorberesford said:
Yeah. There was more than one post that gave me the impression that the real problem with some of the covers were that they were gay erotica. Or that they might involve old or overweight people being sexual.
This is the first time I've seen a tumblr like this. I didn't think it was there because it was terrible art or gay. But yeah I giggled, because omg gay cheesecake. Look at his cute little bum! *squee* I didn't even know that was a thing! I thought it wasn't just about the covers being put together "poorly" but just some of the book concepts as well. Personal that cover made my whole night. I can't be the only one that just wanted to punch his rush then giggle and run away. But I mean that in the best possible way.

Then again, maybe my interpretation of the list says more about me than the list itself.

My worry was more about any of out KBoard members being on that list. How would they feel about people saying terrible things about their covers. Which is why I didn't comment until now. And why I'm mentioning no other cover but Paul's.

*Seriously though, am I the only one that wants to pinch his bum?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Yes, there's a certain Kindleboarder who's got a pair of titles up there.  I'm not sure the individual in question is bothered by it, though. 

·
Registered
344 Posts
Personally, I'm intrigued by the book about surviving hippo attacks.  They kill far more people every year than sharks!  I mean, that book could save my life.

·
Super Moderator
67,350 Posts
I haven't clicked through . . . and won't . . . because if people are making fun of others, I'm not in favor. :mad:

G

·
If you click through these and their amazon links, some of them are up in the charts fairly well! Maybe a bad cover, with a bizarre title, can attract as well as a good one?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts