Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curiosity Question: I LOVE to read (obviously) but; I also LOVE to play Scrabble. My daughter loves to read and LOVES to play Scrabble. (She placed 6th in the New England Scrabble Championships some years back) My question is:

How many Kindle users also love word games such as Scrabble or Crosswords...etc. I think there is a link between loving to read and loving word type activities...YES; NO; MAYBE? Anyone else love Scrabble?

G

·
I love Scrabble.  And British-style ("cryptic") crosswords.  But though we own a game, LR won't play Scrabble with me.  :'(

At least, not a second time.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Curiosity Question: I LOVE to read (obviously) but; I also LOVE to play Scrabble. My daughter loves to read and LOVES to play Scrabble. (She placed 6th in the New England Scrabble Championships some years back) My question is:

How many Kindle users also love word games such as Scrabble or Crosswords...etc. I think there is a link between loving to read and loving word type activities...YES; NO; MAYBE? Anyone else love Scrabble?

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I subscribe to Dish Network Games and love to play scrabble and word games on the TV...well, I used to until these boards!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sailor:  I hear you; between Kindle and these boards...lol.

G

·
sjc--you posted duplicate threads in two different topics.  I reported it to the Mods, so they can clean them up and combine them.

G

·
It would be nice but I just can't see any way that they could make it work on a Kindle. The scroll wheel only goes up and down and not right to left so I don't know how that could work.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I had a crossword puzzle published in the New York Times. It was a Monday puzzle (easy). I think it was Monday Sept 23 2002 but I might be off by a year.

L

·
Registered
829 Posts
I love Scrabble, Boggle and crosswords.  (Suduko too but that's not words)

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I have always loved crosswords and I play a lot of word games on the computer.  Yes, I think this is a natural extension of a love of reading. 

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bacardi Jim:  Hmmmm...Bacardi notices "Marge and Rita" overdid it...Thanks.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
kindler said:
It would be nice but I just can't see any way that they could make it work on a Kindle. The scroll wheel only goes up and down and not right to left so I don't know how that could work.
It's like when you play the minesweeper game on Kindle <don't ask :)> you use the letter keys to do the moving side to side.

G

·
sailor said:
It's like when you play the minesweeper game on Kindle <don't ask :)> you use the letter keys to do the moving side to side.
Oh, okay. I forgot all about that game. I'll have to take a look at it. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
kindler said:
Oh, okay. I forgot all about that game. I'll have to take a look at it. Thanks!
No, you don't want to play it...that was my point. It is slow and it froze my Kindle. Make sure you have something to unfreeze it, just in case. I wouldn't try to play it again; I'll just stick to reading on it.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts