Today's KDD: Shelter: A Mickey Bolitar Novel by Harlan Coben
Reduced 67% from yesterday's price of $8.99 to $2.99

Product Description:
In this young adult debut from internationally best-selling author Harlan Coben, Mickey Bolitar's train-wreck of a life is finally improving until his new girlfriend, Ashley, vanishes without a trace. Mickey follows Ashley's trail into a seedy underworld and uncovers a shocking conspiracy that makes his high school drama seem small.

Amazon reviewer Dr. Evil gives it four stars, saying:
I've been a huge fan of Harlan Coben's books for years - his Myron Bolitar series is one of my favourites and his stand alone novels are always excellent. This new book, Shelter, re-introduces Myron's nephew, Mickey, who we met in the latest Myron book, Live Wire and it carries on from the events in that story." and
"This book is written as a young adult novel but can easily be enjoyed by adult readers too. Fans of Coben's other books will love this and really appreciate the in-jokes, references and familiar characters (Myron's parents are in it, Esperanza is mentioned but no Win I'm afraid). I found this an excellent, quick read with the usual sharp, witty dialogue and a thought-provoking mystery. The cliffhanger ending makes me look forward to the next in the series and I'm also very intrigued with how everything will all integrate with the next Myron book (if there is one). Recommended."

Several of the low ratings I read were because the book was a pre-teen/young adult book instead of his usual fare. If you're a Coben fan, be warned--this is aimed at the young adult market.

Text-to-speech and X-Ray enabled. Not Kindle Owner's Lending Library (Prime). 321 pages. 108 reviews, 31 of them five stars, 3.3 average out of five stars.

For more Kindle Daily Deals, including a Kid's Daily Deal, go here.

For Coben fans, while looking at the Daily Deal, Amazon informed me that his latest, Seconds Away, is available for pre-order for $10.99; delivery date to your Kindle: September 18, 2012.

Happy reading!