Today's Daily Deals include a classic children's series, a vampire comedy, and historical fiction about Eleanor of Aquitane.

Here's today's Kindle Daily Deal, available for $1.99 today!
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe: The Chronicles of Narnia, by C.S. Lewis.

Illustrations in this ebook appear in vibrant full color on a full color ebook device, and in rich black and white on all other devices.

Narnia . . . a land frozen in eternal winter . . . a country waiting to be set free.

Four adventurers step through a wardrobe door and into the land of Narnia, a land enslaved by the power of the White Witch. But when almost all hope is lost, the return of the Great Lion, Aslan, signals a great change . . . and a great sacrifice.

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is the second book in C.S. Lewis's The Chronicles of Narnia, a series that has become part of the canon of classic literature, drawing readers of all ages into a magical land with unforgettable characters for over fifty years. This is a stand-alone read, but if you would like to explore more of the Narnian realm, pick up the others in the series listed below.
Note that, chronologically, The Magician's Nephew comes before The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe but was written after. I prefer to read Wardrobe as the first in the series, and then the rest chronologically, but others prefer completely chronological. I posted Wardrobe above as it is the best known of the series. If you prefer chronological, read The Magician's Nephew first, then Wardrobe, then the rest as listed below. (The Horse and His Boy was also published out of chronological order, but would follow Wardrobe chronologically.

Here's what C.S. Lewis said in a 1957 letter about the matter to a US fan (quoted from Wikipedia):
"I think I agree with your [chronological] order for reading the books more than with your mother's. The series was not planned beforehand as she thinks. When I wrote The Lion I did not know I was going to write any more. Then I wrote P. Caspian as a sequel and still didn't think there would be any more, and when I had done The Voyage I felt quite sure it would be the last, but I found I was wrong. So perhaps it does not matter very much in which order anyone read them. I'm not even sure that all the others were written in the same order in which they were published."

220 pages, with a 4.6-star rating from 55 reviews. Text to Speech, X-Ray, enabled. Whispersync for Voice audiobook available for $4.99 if you purchase this book.

Here's today's Daily Science Fiction/Fantasy Deal, available for $0.99 today!
Bill The Vampire (The Tome of Bill), by KB's own Rick Gualtieri.

There are reasons we fear the night. He isn't one of them.

Bill Ryder was a dateless dweeb...then he died. Unfortunately for him that was just the beginning of his troubles. He awoke to find himself a vampire, one of the legendary predators of the night. Unfortunately for him, he was still at the bottom of the food chain.

Now he finds himself surrounded by creatures stronger, deadlier and a whole lot cooler than he is. Worst yet, they all want him dead...permanently this time.

Bill isn't exactly average, though. A vampire like him hasn't been seen in centuries. He's got a few tricks up his sleeve, unlikely allies, and an attitude problem that makes him too damn obnoxious to quit.

Join him in this hilarious tale of monsters, mayhem, and the unlikely hero who's not afraid to tell them all off...even if it gets his teeth kicked in.

Bill the Vampire (the Tome of Bill, part 1) is 80,000 words of foul-mouthed horror comedy by Rick Gualtieri, author of Scary Dead Things (The Tome of Bill, part 2) and Bigfoot Hunters.
343 pages, with a 4.5-star rating from 109 reviews. Text to Speech, X-Ray, Lending enabled. Whispersync for Voice audiobook available for $1.99 if you purchase this book.

Here's today's Daily Romance Deal, available for $ today!
Beloved Enemy: The Passions of Eleanor of Aquitaine: A Novel (The Queens of Love and War), by Ellen Jones.

Set against the turbulent backdrop of twelfth-century Europe, as two countries compete for world dominion, one woman will take her destiny, and the future of a nation, into her own hands

"Aquitaine is mine. It will never belong to anyone else."

With these words, fifteen-year-old Eleanor seals her fate. Aquitaine is under the French king's safekeeping, and Eleanor, the Duke of Aquitaine's eldest daughter, knows she must wed Prince Louis in order to insure the future of her beloved duchy. Fiercely independent, filled with untapped desire, the woman who would be queen must provide Louis VII, her monkish husband, with heirs. But it is young Henry of Anjou who catches Eleanor's eye-and sets fire to her heart.
Ruled by a raging drive to succeed, Henry vows that he will not be cheated of his rightful place on the English throne. Yet the newly christened Duke of Normandy is thoroughly enraptured by the French queen. In Eleanor, Henry knows he has found a woman whose hunger for life and glory matches his own. So begins a passionate love that will span decades and change the course of history.
576 pages, with a 4.6-star rating from 12 reviews. Text to Speech, X-Ray, Lending enabled. Whispersync for Voice audiobook available for $3.99 if you purchase this book.

Happy Reading!

Betsy