Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has seen my Kindle and decided she wants one. The Oprah discount I guess is over. Is there any other discount to get a price of under $359.  Thanks

Steve

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
stevene9 said:
My wife has seen my Kindle and decided she wants one. The Oprah discount I guess is over. Is there any other discount to get a price of under $359. Thanks

Steve
Not that I am aware of.

Amazon/Chase have had a long-running promotion that if you get an Amazon Visa card, you get $30 off your first purchase. I don't know if that is still in effect or not.

You could round up all the loose change in your house and go to a Coinstar machine that gives Amazon giftcards. That might make you feel like you are getting a discount. Someone on this board posted that he had $300 in change he put into the machine.

L

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hang in there they may have some kind of holiday sale.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi, it was mentioned elsewhere on this Forum, that chances were that the Oprah discount would be repeated.  Keeping fingers crossed for you.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Leslie said:
You could round up all the loose change in your house and go to a Coinstar machine that gives Amazon giftcards. That might make you feel like you are getting a discount. Someone on this board posted that he had $300 in change he put into the machine.

L
I read somewhere on the forum that for every $40 you put in coinstar, they'll give you an extra $10 on your Amazon gift card until 12/7.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
gertiekindle said:
I read somewhere on the forum that for every $40 you put in coinstar, they'll give you an extra $10 on your Amazon gift card until 12/7.
Actually, it's only one $10 certificate per household. The offer is until 12/7/08.

·
Registered
147 Posts
So, if you put in $40 to the coinstar, you will get $50 on the receipt, or is there something else you need to do?  I checked out our local coinstar and it even takes bills.  I do know that Amazon gift cards are difficult to find in my area.  I only found one place with $50 cards.  I wouldn't expect someone to buy me a $50 card.  Not in our economy.  I bought one through Amazon and it was free to ship. 

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Teach142 said:
So, if you put in $40 to the coinstar, you will get $50 on the receipt, or is there something else you need to do? I checked out our local coinstar and it even takes bills. I do know that Amazon gift cards are difficult to find in my area. I only found one place with $50 cards. I wouldn't expect someone to buy me a $50 card. Not in our economy. I bought one through Amazon and it was free to ship.
Their promotion does require COINS
http://www.coinstar.com/US/html/landingpromo2008

Of course, there's nothing to stop you from going to the bank and buying $40 worth of coins....

Betsy

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Teach142 said:
So, if you put in $40 to the coinstar, you will get $50 on the receipt, or is there something else you need to do?
A mail in certificate prints out at the bottom of the receipt. You mail it in, they mail you a $10 gift certificate.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I went to coinstar this morning with what turned out to be $66 worth of coins.  I'm mailing in the $10 bonus certificate tomorrow. 

Of course, I've already used some of it, but I had to test it to make sure my 1-click purchase wouldn't be put on the credit card, right?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
gertiekindle said:
I went to coinstar this morning with what turned out to be $66 worth of coins. I'm mailing in the $10 bonus certificate tomorrow.

Of course, I've already used some of it, but I had to test it to make sure my 1-click purchase wouldn't be put on the credit card, right?
Of course you did :)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
gertiekindle said:
I went to coinstar this morning with what turned out to be $66 worth of coins. I'm mailing in the $10 bonus certificate tomorrow.

Don't you just love it!! Of course now I have to start collecting change again!!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I wouldn't hold your breath for a discount - already being 11-13 weeks out I seriously doubt they're going to make a strong effort to sell even more.  They're doing just fine without it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts