Kindle Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
OK, if it is of any help to anyone:
I have a Kindle Fire (bought in 2016)
I have been travelling for a while, connecting to different WIFis in airports, hotels etc.
When I got back home my ZXHN router would not be found on the Kindle.
Restarts - manual SSID - on/off airplane mode & WIFI ... nothing!
But, my laptop and phone worked fine!

So, I got curious.. my SSID was 'Lilly_Spawn'
I removed the special character, into 'LillySpawn' and there you go! works perfectly!  :D :D :D
(why, is another issue now..)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a problem I haven't seen posted. My Kindle doesn't detect any of the 7 WiFi networks that my laptop and smartphone can see. Here are the specifics:
  • When I take the Kindle to a restaurant or office building, I see multiple Wi-Fi networks even if they are secure and I can't connect to them. I can easily connect to anything that isn't secure
  • At home the laptop and Droid both see our Wi-Fi and that of several neighbors
  • At home the Kindle doesn't see any networks at all
  • I've walked 3 blocks with the Kindle and stopped in front of every house to scan for WiFi and it doesn't find any. (I did that in order to eliminate the possibility that another wireless signal within the house is causing a conflict.)
  • I turned off the WiFi on the laptop and the Droid, so the Kindle is the only 1 trying to connect.
  • I've done resets and restored to factory settings. Same result
  • Sometimes it scans for a brief period before saying 0 networks available; sometimes for 15 minutes or more.

Actually this is the 3rd Kindle. Each time I call tech support (level 1 the 1st time, level 2 the 2nd time), they work with me for 30+ minutes and then send a new device. Surely all 3 devices don't have the same problem??! The wifi at the house is "G".

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
I have the same problem!!! our household has 2 kindles, one is fine the other quit working with the same issue, although i can not get a signal anywhere with it.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts