Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last few days when I try to download a book to my computer that I just purchased, I get an error message saying the book is not available. Is anyone else having this problem? I did a search on the forum and couldn't find anything.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
What is the book? Have you checked that Amazon hasn't "pulled" it? The next question then would be, have you gotten your refund?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just ordered it, so I wouldn't think they "pulled" it. I think it's a system problem, because it says to try again in 24 hours. However this problem has been going on for several days now. I got the same message a couple of days ago, and was able to get the book after a day or so delay. Just wondering if anyone else is seeing this error. I sent an email to CS, but haven't heard anything yet. I can get whispernet, but I have to drive three miles, so it's not convenient, and I download most of my books.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
As a followup: I just ordered Gone with the Wind and had trouble connecting. But about an hour later I tried again and it downloaded.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
>Did you order a second Kindle? If so, be sure you are picking the correct Kindle for the download. I ordered the new Kindle and this was happening to me.<

I have ordered a second Kindle, but I'm trying to download to my computer so it shouldn't matter which Kindle is picked should it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I currently have the same problem. I sold & deregistered my Kindle 1. Although my Kindle 2 shows up, I can't seem to download any books to my computer. I hope as soon as register my new Kindle, the problem will be fixed.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Cedaaar said:
>Did you order a second Kindle? If so, be sure you are picking the correct Kindle for the download. I ordered the new Kindle and this was happening to me.<

I have ordered a second Kindle, but I'm trying to download to my computer so it shouldn't matter which Kindle is picked should it?
When I go to download to the computer, it asks me which Kindle I'm trying to download for. Does it do this for you?

Betsy

·
Registered
679 Posts
Cedaaar said:

Actually it does matter. When downloading to your computor, it will give you a choice of which Kindle it is for, select the one you want to put the book on (if it is the Kindle 2, you may not be able to download for it yet).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks so much for the help. I changed the Kindle to my first Kindle and it worked. Since it was downloading to my computer I didn't think it would matter, but I stand corrected. By the way I sent an email to CS, and you were a lot more helpful than they were.  :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.