Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case not everyone on this forum keeps up with the Amazon Discussion threads, I wanted to post a link from a topic I started there tonight. I am only doing this to help get the word out to others, so people who read this will not make the same mistake I did.
http://tinyurl.com/qc6tc7

Long story short, I cancelled the DX cover from my order. This seemingly minor decision ended up putting my DX shipment at the very end of the line :-[. I'm not getting it on the 11th anymore, now it's the 15th. BUT I did decide to re-order the cover, combine the shipping with the DX (still next day air). I am crossing my fingers that if Amazon is truly thrifty, they will pull my DX from the back of the line up to the front again so it will ship with the cover... The cover says it is delivering on the 11th. I know it is an extremely long shot, but I've already lost my place in line, so I have nothing to lose. :)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Burque, welcome. Glad to have you here. Congratulations on your first post!

L

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Burque, welcome to the Boards.
Sorry to hear about your dilemma.  Although that's only 3 days, I'm sure it will seem like forever.  I hope they surprise you and include your DX with your cover. 
deb

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's to bad they don't give you a preview of all the changes and then let you finalize the change.  This would allow you to back out if you didn't want to wait the extra days.  I am in the same boat as you, I ordered the K2 but it says it's not shipping until the 10th since I chose the free shipping.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will ship sooner for you.  ;)

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
When I ordered my KI and mucked around with the method of shipping, it seemingly pushed my order back.

Of course, I made a frantic post about it on these boards, and several nice people reassured me. :)

I ended up getting my Kindle weeks ahead of schedule anyway, so I don't think you have too much to worry about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts