Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do see the release date on Amazon's website - but have not received an email.  Has anyone received and email from Amazon regarding their pre-order?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Nope. It says the same message as before. When an estimated delivery date has been confirmed, you will receive an e-mail. June 10th is still 9 days away too. I doubt they will be sending out e-mails too early.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
;D  On phone with Kindle department at Amazon now - hoping to get more info.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sigh - no more info........ Kindelpation  here we go again :D

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Annie said:
Nope. It says the same message as before. When an estimated delivery date has been confirmed, you will receive an e-mail. June 10th is still 9 days away too. I doubt they will be sending out e-mails too early.
I'm guessing they are working out the '1st come, 1st served' statuses. Maybe they are anticipating a sell out?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just wanted to bump this and see if anyone has heard anything about their delivery date yet. Nothing here yet, but I saw someone say on the amazon board that they ordered today and have a June 12th delivery date.  :eek:

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I preordered today and got an email with a June 12th delivery date too.

ETA I have prime membership and chose the free 2 day shipping. So I'm guessing that the delivery date estimate is based on that and the release date.

·
Registered
18 Posts
aha! I read that some people changed their shipping methods and immediately got a delivery estimate, so I did the same. Changed it to overnight and suddenly got a June 11th delivery estimate!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Me too! Haha. What good luck! I'm still curious as to whether or not anyone has gotten a 10th delivery date. It seems unlikely that it would arrive on the release date, but maybe one of the first people who ordered might of been lucky.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Annie said:
Me too! Haha. What good luck! I'm still curious as to whether or not anyone has gotten a 10th delivery date. It seems unlikely that it would arrive on the release date, but maybe one of the first people who ordered might of been lucky.
Last time with Kindle 2 they released it early. Those of us who had one day shipping got it on the release date.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.