Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a good looking cover for my new Kindle DX that isn't quite as overpriced as the m-edge or Amazon cover.  The cover looks very similar to the m-edge and only comes in smooth black.  Has some extra stitching on the middle and around the edges.  Extra pocket on the inside.

Item # 220437820135.
FOR AMAZON KINDLE DX LEATHER COVER POUCH SLEEVE CASE
It is on eBay for $23.90 US postpaid
For sale until the 19th of July.  The ad lists more than 10 available.  

Mine has been shipped and I will let you know how it looks on arrival.  If the Amazon Kindle DX case wasn't so expensive, I would have purchased that one with the hinges.  I felt that Amazon was taking advantage of its DX customers by pricing its cover for $49

luvshihtzu

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
nice cover though I am not much for black.. this is a great buy!! Love the design though... fantastic price for leather

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did read a few of the feedbacks from people who have already ordered and there were no complaints.  Hope the cover is as nice as it looks.  I opted for the free shipping at what I thought would be parcel post, but the shipping information said it was shipped first class from PA.  Should have it here in Arizona by Saturday at the latest.
luvshihtzu

If the m-edge Go cover had been available with the hinges, I would have purchased the hot pink, but someone in the forums said that m-edge wasn't going to make them for the DX. : (

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just found several of the same cover here on Amazon. I am concerned as most of the descriptions refer to the leather as
synthetic leather.

Here is a link for one of the black basic DX covers:

http://www.amazon.com/Executive-Leather-Kindle2-KindleDX-included/dp/B002DQSJ02/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_3

Also there is an inexpensive cover that is a black and silver stripe zebra print for the Kindle DX:

http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Carrying-Protector-9-7-inch-Wireless/dp/B002DRSWKS/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1245856978&sr=8-16

luvshihtzu

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Zebra Print cover for $14.99 plus shipping looks as if it is the same manufacturer as the m-edge.  The stitching and flap look exactly the same.  You have to look hard at the picture in order to see it. 

Just got my black DX cover from eBay in the mail.  Not bad for free shipping and only two days from Pennsylvania.  It looks just like the m-edge and but has a magnetic latch.  The DX fits perfectly in the cover and it feels like leather and looks like leather, but I couldn't tell you for sure.  The only strange thing I see is that the cover latch folds on the back instead of the front, so it doesn't sit flat on the table when not in use. But, if it were on the front, it might cause damage to the screen, if dropped on the latch.
The front of the cover folds back so that you can use the little ledge on the left for holding the DX.  It is nice and lightweight.  This should hold me for a while until the Noreve covers come out.

One little added bonus is the heavy plastic bag that the cover came in, has a zip closure like some of the fancy food storage bags so you could use it in the kitchen to keep spills and water off the DX while cooking.

Not bad for the price and the best part is that I have an extra $26 to use for Kindle books.

luvshihtzu 

1 - 6 of 6 Posts