Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a kindle dx. Except that when I view an image it has an after image from the last screen. What I mean by this is I am able to see the text from the last page when viewing a dark image. I was just wondering if this is suppose to happen? Any help would be appreciated thank you.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Um. That's not normal. Try refreshing? If that doesn't help, I think yours may be a defective Kindle. Try contacting Amazon CS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I didnt think so I called CS and what they said is they had to look into it since they've never heard of that before. But, other than that it works perfectly except for being able to lightly see the text from the previous page if the new page is a new image. Sadly, CS told me they would get back to me on the problem now I play the waiting game good thing I can still read with the Kindle. Now I wait for that call.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I bet they're quite busy with all the KDX business. But I'm playing with my DX, and it's not doing that at all. I hate that you have to wait, especially since you just got it. Is it really noticeable?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
It sounds like ghosting, I'd try refreshing the page when that happens. I only have a k2 but anytime I see 'leftover' images/words when I do a refresh on the screen it wipes it away.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
CS has been great I have had to call them four times today when I had some download issues.. the sitaution was handled well and she even called me back at the time we agreed to make sure everything was working fine.. you can not beat that CS dept.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I had the same exact thing happen on my Kindle DX today too. There was an after image of the birds screensaver. I just clicked on previous and then next and it went away. Has not returned.  Hmmmm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.