Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, im new to the boards, so i hope im in the right thread... if not i apologize.

I am getting paid this friday and im dying to buy a kindle. without a doubt i really like the kindle dx because of the pdf, memory, and screem size. The issue is that i dont want to wait months for it. if i have to wait several months for it then i would get the kindle 2.

if anyone has knowledge on the release date on the kindle dx, that would be great!  ;D

·
Registered
607 Posts
Nope, they just say "this summer" so somewhere between June 21 and September 21.

Though I have a feeling "this summer" actually translates into "once our first wave of press is finished and we have enough manufactured and sitting in our warehouse to meet our preorders and estimated first month's of orders after release."  So I wouldn't be surprised at all if they released soon.

Lara Amber 

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that makes sense.... about how long was the kindle 2 on preorder?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i wonder if the dx will be released within the same time frame as the kindle 2?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
chrisgallizzi said:
I doubt it will ship as early as the K2 did, its slated for summer, and it doesn't officially start for another month

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
chrisgallizzi said:
I don't get why they have handled the DX release in this way. They should not have announced it without a release date. I doubt it will be released as quickly as the K2 was only because they have not given a specific release date. My money is on the DX being released sometime in July. Soon enough for kids to get for college and start loading whatever text books are ready for it then.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's already been 107 in Phoenix, so I think they should start shipping now - at least for Arizona. How much summer do they want?  :p

·
Super Moderator
67,250 Posts
Isn't Amazon based in Washington state?  Do they ever really have summer there?  :D

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Sweety18 said:
Hopefully soon, I would like to see some actual customer reviews.
Me too!

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
chrisgallizzi said:
hello all, im new to the boards, so i hope im in the right thread... if not i apologize.

I am getting paid this friday and im dying to buy a kindle. without a doubt i really like the kindle dx because of the pdf, memory, and screem size. The issue is that i dont want to wait months for it. if i have to wait several months for it then i would get the kindle 2.

if anyone has knowledge on the release date on the kindle dx, that would be great! ;D
I have no inside info on it, but my sense is that Amazon tries to exceed expectations with its estimated release dates. So, I'm betting that the DX gets released earlier rather than later.

Keep in mind that they're going to ship them based on the order that they're ordered, so if you're considering it you'll want to get your pre-order in.

(And here's our handy pre-order link if you so choose! >> Amazon Kindle DX product page)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I wouldn't order one until I hear legit reviews from members of this board.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Harvey said:
I have no inside info on it, but my sense is that Amazon tries to exceed expectations with its estimated release dates. So, I'm betting that the DX gets released earlier rather than later.

Keep in mind that they're going to ship them based on the order that they're ordered, so if you're considering it you'll want to get your pre-order in.

(And here's our handy pre-order link if you so choose! >> Amazon Kindle DX product page)
I kept refreshing the amazon home page till it appeared the morning of the announcement..that means I get it a week earlier right? :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
On the Kindle DX accessories page, it says that the 2 year warranty ships out in 3-5 weeks. And since you can't buy the warranty without the device, I'd wager that around 3 weeks (or earlier) the devices will ship out.  ;)

Also they say it's a good present for graduates, and generally graduations take place around June-ish.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I asked an Amazon CS rep (for kicks), and she said that it could range from June to September.  That was a very helpful answer.  ???

·
Registered
780 Posts
I got an email today about my "order" of the Kindle DX saying they hoped I was enjoying my recent order and would I like any of these accessories to go with it :D Hmm I'd love to add accessories if I had the thing ::)

Lynn L

1 - 20 of 146 Posts