Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just went thru Square Trade to get a warranty on my soon to arrive Kindle DX. The cost for the 3 year warranty AND accidental damage insurance was $ 71.99 !! The codes: DAD20  or TWTYOFF will get you 20 % off......

Brian

PS: I have no connection to the Square Trade company.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Thank you Brian, being transferable is a big advantage as far as I'm concerned. They come out with new kindles so oftern  ;)

·
Registered
615 Posts
brianm said:
I just went thru Square Deal to get a warranty on my soon to arrive Kindle DX. The cost for the 3 year warranty AND accidental damage insurance was $ 71.99 !! The codes: DAD20 or TWTYOFF will get you 20 % off....
Has anyone asked Squaretrade if they pay the $59 if you need a battery replacement in the second year?

Amazon's covers that.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Sugar said:
I believe the warranty for the KDX is $109 through Amazon-Service Net :)
wow

·
Registered
615 Posts
I'll ask again since people are choosing squaretrade but no one's answered and it's an important question, in my view.

Has anyone asked squaretrade if they'll cover battery replacement ($59) in the second year?

Remember that there's a deductible of $50, moreover, with squaretrade.

In the third year, most of this crowd will have moved on to another Kindle  :)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I guess Squaretrade is less expensive but I'd rather stick with Amazon. One less party to deal with.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Kind said:
I guess Squaretrade is less expensive but I'd rather stick with Amazon. One less party to deal with.
I ordered a SquareTrade warranty for my netbook computer just as insurance, since HP didn't offer an extended option. I stuck with the Lulu option for my DX. Thought about using SquareTrade, but after seeing a post on Amazon about feeling more comfortable with a warranty from Amazon, I tended to agree. It covers accidental breakage, too. I figured that with the amount of money I spent on it, the extra $100 was worth the peace of mind.

Kindle DX Warranty

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
RE: Battery failure: looks to me like it is covered

Brian

WHAT IS COVERED:
Mechanical and electrical failures that occur during normal use of your item. Your item is covered for up to the full purchase price of your item (tax and shipping are excluded).

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.