Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my KindleDX up and running after years of being inactive.

When I go to my amazon account it shows it is registered to me (i bought it new and im the only owner), but when I go to settings/register the kindle itself shows it is NOT registered and I have to register it. I click on "register" and it asks for me my amazon account email and password. Once I type this in, it says the Kindle cant connect, and to restart kindle and try again. So i did this a few times with same result. Yes, it is connected to wifi...i tested it by going to amazon store on the kindle and I have full bars showing connection. What would be preventing me from connecting?!? And why does it show as being registered in my amazon account but not on the kindle itself?!??

Also,

The "Create New Collection" is grey'ed out and I cant click on it (as well as "View Archived Items" and "Sync & Check For Items" . Is this because of the registration issue listed above?!?? I was able to make collections in the past and nothing was ever grey'ed out before.

Any help/guidance will be appreciated. (I did call the Kindle tech support but i had to leave a message..no one picked up..no one has called me back yet)

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can I update the DX through my laptop. I have downloaded this to my laptop from the amazon website https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GKMQC26VQQMM8XSW

Kindle DX (2nd Generation)
Your serial number starts with B009 download this file.
After your device has fully updated, download and install the Kindle Services Update.

Now how do I get the update to the kindle? I connected kindle to my laptop with USB and I see the kindle in windows explore...do I simply drag the dléd updates into the kindle?

Or do I have to dl the update to the kindle over the wireless network?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.