Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pre-ordered a Kindle book, "Go tell the bees that I am gone", by Diana Gabaldon, back on April 27th of this year. It was supposedly released today, November 23rd and I have not received the book on my Kindle Paperwhite device. I have purchased hundreds of ebooks through amazon.com and have never had this issue before. How do I contact Amazon and resolve this issue?

·
Super Moderator
67,557 Posts
I pre-ordered a Kindle book, "Go tell the bees that I am gone", by Diana Gabaldon, back on April 27th of this year. It was supposedly released today, November 23rd and I have not received the book on my Kindle Paperwhite device. I have purchased hundreds of ebooks through amazon.com and have never had this issue before. How do I contact Amazon and resolve this issue?
First go to your orders and verify that you DID order it. I have, more than once, thought I did but then really hadn't. Or had changed my mind and forgot.

If you find it in your orders, check your 'content and devices' and see if it is there.

If you have a confirmed order, but the book is NOT in your library, you can contact customer service by reporting a problem with the order.

Keep in mind: When you order, it is generally set to go to a 'default' device on release. If you no longer have that device registered to your account, it won't get delivered anywhere, but it should still be in your Amazon library.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Generally speaking, I get pre-orders around 2am central time - or midnight in California.
I would double-check content and devices to see if the book is there. As Ann mentioned, it may not have downloaded if your current device was not the default when the order was placed.

·
6,032 Posts
When you purchase a book it doesn't always get downloaded, even to the device you've specified. Have you set your Kindle to display 'all' rather than 'downloaded' to check if it's in your library but just not downloaded? It happens quite a lot to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts