Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's say you have a series of novels. Does Amazon allow you to add links to your other books' sales pages (on Amazon), so readers can click whatever they want to read next, rather than just listing titles "also by this author..." as plain text?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
Let's say you have a series of novels. Does Amazon allow you to add links to your other books' sales pages (on Amazon), so readers can click whatever they want to read next, rather than just listing titles "also by this author..." as plain text?

Thanks.
Yes, you can put links in, but be careful where you put them. They should really go straight after the end of your story and I've stopped putting 'the end' because all my back matter was ignored and Amazon went straight to advertising books by other authors.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
You most certainly can add an About the Author page, and include links in your back matter. Heck, you can do it in your front matter as well, an "Also by this author" page. I like doing that as a one pager for related or series books: ie: Title, copyright, TOC, Also by this author, Dedication, then story.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, you can put links in, but be careful where you put them. They should really go straight after the end of your story and I've stopped putting 'the end' because all my back matter was ignored and Amazon went straight to advertising books by other authors.
Thanks. That's interesting. So Amazon ignores back matter? Does it depend on what the content is?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You most certainly can add an About the Author page, and include links in your back matter. Heck, you can do it in your front matter as well, an "Also by this author" page. I like doing that as a one pager for related or series books: ie: Title, copyright, TOC, Also by this author, Dedication, then story.
That's good to know, thanks.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Amazon doesn't ignore back matter, but it does put it's own stuff in front of it (they list authors' other books, similar books by other authors). That said, I have a page with links in my backmatter, which is linked in the TOC so readers can go look if they want to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts