Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I go about finding out what my kindle's email address is?  I've had it for about 10 months and am thinking I'm missing out on a bunch of cool free books but can't remember it's email address. Thanks in advance for the help!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,311 Posts
I am clueless on this feature too, so don't feel bad.

-Sailor
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
LibraryGirl said:
How do I go about finding out what my kindle's email address is? I've had it for about 10 months and am thinking I'm missing out on a bunch of cool free books but can't remember it's email address. Thanks in advance for the help!
Not sure why you think there is a connection between the email address and free books?

If you go to your amazon account and go the the "manage your Kindle" section, you'll see your kindle listed along with its address. If you chose "edit" you can change the address if you want.

This is also the place where you add email addresses (authorize them) so that they can send email to your Kindle.

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
737 Posts
Go to amazon.com and log in using the your Kindle purchase account.  Navigate to Manage Your Kindle and at the top of the page under Your Kindles should to the name of your Kindle and next to that is the Kindle's email address.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,047 Posts
Under Manage your kindle at Amazon they list the various e-mails for all of your kindles, one or two or however many you have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MaineWriter said:
Not sure why you think there is a connection between the email address and free books?

If you go to your amazon account and go the the "manage your Kindle" section, you'll see your kindle listed along with its address. If you chose "edit" you can change the address if you want.

This is also the place where you add email addresses (authorize them) so that they can send email to your Kindle.

L
Some of the free offers are not through Amazon and need to be reformatted either by Amazon and emailed to one's kindle or through some program that I would need.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,131 Posts
LibraryGirl said:
How do I go about finding out what my kindle's email address is? I've had it for about 10 months and am thinking I'm missing out on a bunch of cool free books but can't remember it's email address. Thanks in advance for the help!
Amazon doesn't contact us through that address to tell us about free books. That address is just used for emailing your Kindle personal documents as far as I know.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
LibraryGirl said:
Some of the free offers are not through Amazon and need to be reformatted either by Amazon and emailed to one's kindle or through some program that I would need.
Right -- thanks for clarifying. So, like I said, go to "manage your Kindle" and see the email there. Make sure to add your email address(es) to the authorized sender list, too. That's essential.

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
Oh and another tip &#8230; once you set the email address you want, if you want to have a file you want to convert, but don't want to spend the 10 cents to get it, you can send an email to <your email>@free.kindle.com and they will email you right back to the same address you sent it from with the converted file which you can then upload to your Kindle by USB cable.

Cheers!
Rachel
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
67,325 Posts
Rachel is right. . . .with the added note that as far as I know (others may back me up or correct me on this), no one has ever been charged the 10 cents.  I tend to prefer e-mailing. . .frankly probably would do so even if it DID cost me 10 cents. . . but I've certainly never been charged.  I just don't want to have to go hunt the USB cord to get a book.  :D

Ann
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,047 Posts
I have to use the usb cord, and I have never been charged for them to convert a book.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top