Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that if I register for Kindle Select, I give Kindle exclusive rights of distribution. Whereas if I use an aggregator, my book will be available through a variety of sources. I believe Kindle Select offers benefits for membership. My question: based on your experiences, which would you recommend? Kindle Select or an aggregator?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
What works for one could be the exact opposite of what works for someone else. There are far too many variables.

However, the subject of Select vs wide has been discussed/asked/debated approximately 97,454,231 times here, so a search should yield a ton of reading on the subject.

But again, you can't assume that your experience will in any way match someone elses.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
The usual answer is to scan the bestseller list(s) for your genre. Are they dominated by KU books?  One of mine, Space Opera, is absolutely plastered with them.

·
Registered
13,309 Posts
Simon Haynes said:
The usual answer is to scan the bestseller list(s) for your genre. Are they dominated by KU books? One of mine, Space Opera, is absolutely plastered with them.
I'm in that genre, too. In which case, why join the herd? Because eh, space opera readers on other platforms look like a pretty underserved niche to me. My Apple and B&N and Kobo sales agree with me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts