Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

I am new to this forum and am a Kindle owner of less than a week...it was a birthday gift from my DH. :)  I'm already spending money like crazy on books, covers, lights, etc. This is addicting, indeed!  :eek:

My question is whether or not I should purchase the additional one year warranty from Amazon. I'd like to see how many people have purchased it. The major benefit to me would be the accidental insurance. I am usually extremely careful with my belongings, especially anything fragile like computers, cell phones and now my Kindle. However, I know that accidents can happen even to the most cautious and careful person (and I do have four cats who share my apartment), so I am trying to decide if it would be something considered necessary, or should I spend the $65.00 on books or accessories?

I'd just like your opinions.  Thanks :)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
There is other insurance you can get, I believe it is from Square Trade.  Perhaps one of the mods who know all and do all and help all will jump in here and give you the correct scoop. 

I didn't get any insurance because when I got my kindle I had no idea any such thing existed, and I have been lucky.  In hind sight I probably would get something and if I get a K2 most definitely.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I also have the extended coverage on mine... I have 3 kids.. one being a VERY active toddler.  Better safe than sorry here :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
There was a lot of discussion last month on extended warranties, including coverage that may be included with the credit card used to purchase the Kindle. One discussion was in this thread:

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,5786.0/all.html/

From what I remember, the accidental coverage is an extra charge with Square Trade, but the overall cost for three years was cheaper than the Amazon coverage for two years. The other issue with Square Trade was that the accidental coverage could only be purchased within 30 days of when the item was ordered. (a problem for many of us who had been waiting for our Kindles for an extended time).

I bought the Amazon coverage, just because I wanted the accidental coverage, and it was too late for me to buy that with Square Trade.

Check the deals & discounts board for discount offers if you opt for the Square Trade warranty:
http://www.kboards.com/index.php/board,11.0.html/

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I bought the Square Trade warranty with the extra accident coverage or whatever it's called.  Three years of coverage and I got it for about $35 - I figure even if I never use it, I'm not out much money for the peace of mind.

·
Registered
509 Posts
How do you contact square trade about the warranty?

·
Registered
426 Posts
www.squaretrade.com

It just happens that I received a email coupon less than an hour ago. Pretty impressive since its the middle of the night.

Its a little confusing.

20% off any warranty before May 3rd. **AND IF IT IS BEFORE TODAY AT 5PM ITS 25% OFF**

Use the code word "SPRING"

If you purchased it less than a week ago, use the code "GETSTHEWORM" for 30% off. But it must be for a purchase within the last 7 days.

Here is the blah blah that was at the bottom of the coupon.

*SPRING is valid for 25% off , up to a maximum of $30, through 4.59 PST April 28th, 2009. After that, coupon code is valid for 20% off through 11.59pm PST May 3rd, 2009 at www.squaretrade.com. Warranty must be purchased within 90 days of item purchase date. The purchase window of warranties for Items bought on eBay is 30 days. One coupon per customer, and may not be combined with any other offer. Coupon cannot be applied retroactively to past purchases and are only applicable to warranties purchased directly from the SquareTrade website.

GETSTHEWORM is valid for warranties bought within 7 days of the item purchase date. This coupon is good for a total of 30% off, up to a maximum of $30, through 4.59 PST April 28th, 2009. After that, coupon code is valid for 25% off through 11.59pm PST May 3rd, 2009 at www.squaretrade.com.

Online help: Please do not reply to this email as we are unable to respond to messages sent to this address. If you have questions about our services, send us an email.
To update your contact information with SquareTrade, please go to profile update.
To unsubscribe from receiving emails from SquareTrade, please go use our unsubscribe link..

SquareTrade, Inc. 575 Market Street 10th Floor San Francisco, CA, 94105,

© 2009 SquareTrade, Inc. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts