Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you wake up, get your coffee and immediately get on your computer to see what your Kindle buddies are doing I would say we are fam-i--ly. I love having this place to escape where I can talk about my love of the Kindle and no one gets tired of listening or rolls their eyes. Oops hubby walked in & rolled his eyes  ;D He hasn't read a book since high school and doesn't have a clue why I am so estatic.

Good morning to everyone!
Linda

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Good Morning Linda.That is just what I do get my coffee and then come here to see what my Kindle buddies are doing. I love coming here to talk about the Kindle with friends that love the Kindle as much as I do.We are like a family ;D

Anne

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Morning Anne, I saw where SJC & Roving Soul were still at it at 3 AM. They both ate too much Halloween candy; SJC was wired and Roving Soul had a migraine. I imagine they are sleeping in.  ;)

Linda

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Good morning!  After reading posts about turning Kindle off or just letting it sleep overnight, I decided to let it sleep on the floor next to my bed.  :eek:  Guess I should arrange some nice sleeping quarters for it.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Good morning!

So are we all here, drinking coffee with our Kindles at our sides?

I've been trying to get in the habit of charging Eleanor overnight, missed last night, will put her on in a minute.  I didn't realize until I read it on the board, that it is recommended that it be topped off.  Great tips on the board!

Betsy

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Morning Betsy: I am here with my coffee and my Kiindle at my side. It is  a nice way to spend the morning.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sandpiper did you name your Kindle yet? Guys my coffee is gone so now I have to clean my house and do laundry.  :'( I don't want to leave...I have to see if I can work a maid into my budget. I thought after a couple of weeks the excitement & joy would be less but here I am at 6 weeks still going strong.

Linda

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi everyone,

I could do with a second cup of coffee...maybe when I get home! My daughter takes an art class on Saturday morning so I dropped her off at that and then zoomed over to my office. I looked at the calendar and saw it was November 1st and the rent is due! Ack! Where does the time go? Anyway, once I finish these few chores I'm back home and I'll be settling in with my Kindle and you guys. Life is good.  :D

L

PS, I put my halloween costume away. Thanks for all who commented on it!

·
0 Posts
I actually woke up during the night and felt the need to change my avatar (do I have that right?) to my dog and wanted to share the results of her recent romp in Maine (Leslie alert) with everyone. 
I should be outside working, but it is so much nicer in here! 

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Linda: I need to get going soon too. I have to clean,get out my winter clothes and do some errands.

Anne

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Leslie:WoW you have been busy this morning. I am just being lazy sipping my coffee and checking here to see what is going on. I need to get  moving soon and get some things done.

Anne

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Ethan said:
I actually woke up during the night and felt the need to change my avatar (do I have that right?) to my dog and wanted to share the results of her recent romp in Maine (Leslie alert) with everyone.
I should be outside working, but it is so much nicer in here!
Ah, great avatar and yes you have that right. What's the dog's name?

L

·
0 Posts
She is a wonderful Golden who talks to me frequently - she cracks me up all the time.  I first heard her as a puppy when I talked to my wife from Iraq over a satellite phone and she was yelping in the background.  It came to me during the night that she was going to be a talker and the name Calliope came to mind.  So, that is what it is - Cali for short.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Hi, all.  No, haven't named it for certain yet.  Chalmette and Chlotilde are in the running.  There is a book store in Seaside, FL that I just love -- Sundog Books.  So, at the moment my Kindle is Sundog.  That may be it.  Still have to think on it a while.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Sleeping in? Not me...  Bed at 5 up at 8:30...morning all...been busy @ photobucket. 

Wired?  Me?...lol. --120 pieces of candy passed out 15...do the math. :p  Yeah we are a family...the whole big blooming bunch of us; spots and all. (old age spots excluded) Have a great day.  My daughter is coming home from college for a couple hours.  Wait 'til she sees her spotless can eat off the floor room...she's going to think it's the wrong house.  My son is working a double and will miss his sister but that's ok; he'll catch her for a movie during the week.  You might think I print the movie passes for free on my computer the way they use them... 

1 - 20 of 22 Posts