Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I'm a newbie, found the amazon boards too hard to navigate (no search???), then found this cool forum.  My kindle is shipping tomorrow, and I have not obsessed over something like this for a really long time.  I used to read a ton, and had built up quite a large library of books.  However, several moves resulted in me giving away most of my beloved treasures.  I don't have a lot of storage, so everytime I buy a book I know eventually I'll have to give it away...now no more worries, and I get back some of my old books at a fraction of the cost!  ^__^

I'm delighted that some of my favourite books are available, while others I eagerly await after clicking the "Tell the publisher about this book on kindle" button.  For example, I had all of Amy Tan's works previously, and while they have a couple on Kindle, they don't have my beloved "The Joy Luck Club".  Hopefully that will come online at some point.  They DO have a good collection of Margaret Atwood, and "The Diamond Age".  I'm so excited to see my old friends again!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome, Starry, glad to have you here.

Your story is so familiar....I am sure many here will join in to say the same thing!

Thanks for being part of our community.

L

·
Registered
829 Posts
Starry - Welcome and I promise - the day your Kindle arrives will be one of the happiest of your life!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Welcome Starry!  Make sure you share the story of when your new "baby" arrives!  You will fall in love immediately I'm sure!

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Welcome! We know the obsession is going to be difficult to go through until your new kindle's arrival, but we are here and we understand the anticipation.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Vegas_Asian said:
Welcome! We know the obsession is going to be difficult to go through until your new kindle's arrival, but we are here and we understand the anticipation.
anticipation made me google the lyrics:

We can never know about the days to come
But we think about them anyway, yay
And I wonder if I'm really with you now
Or just chasin' after some finer day

Anticipation, anticipation
Is makin' me late
Is keepin' me waitin'

And I tell you how easy it feels to be with you
And how right your arms feel around me
But I, I rehearsed those lines just late last night
When I was thinkin' about how right tonight might be

Anticipation, anticipation
Is makin' me late
Is keepin' me waitin'

And tomorrow we might not be together
I'm no prophet and I don't know nature's ways
So I'll try and see into your eyes right now
And stay right here 'cause these are the good old days

(These are the good old days)
And stay right here 'cause these are the good old days
(These are.....the good old days)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all for the warm welcome!  My Kindle is in the Seattle Fedex sorting facility, and I do so hope that it will get to the final Fedex location tomorrow so that I can pick it up in advance of next Monday :D

(Btw Leslie, thank you for all that you do...the amazon boards have started to get nasty...but I'm behind you 100%!)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
starryskyz said:
Thanks all for the warm welcome! My Kindle is in the Seattle Fedex sorting facility, and I do so hope that it will get to the final Fedex location tomorrow so that I can pick it up in advance of next Monday :D

(Btw Leslie, thank you for all that you do...the amazon boards have started to get nasty...but I'm behind you 100%!)
Thanks, Starry. I appreciate it! I have to say, I was a little taken aback by Mikey the Rhino. Oh well....live and learn.

L

·
Registered
23 Posts
I havent been this excited about something since I got my first computer,,,and now on the 3rd..LOL

Well...I take that back. Marriage,kids and grandbabies made me happy to!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
grammy said:
I havent been this excited about something since I got my first computer,,,and now on the 3rd..LOL

Well...I take that back. Marriage,kids and grandbabies made me happy to!
And the amazing thing is, the Kindle-love doesn't wear off. I've had mine 7 months and I'm still in the honeymoon phase! LOL

L

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello grammy... I don't believe we have met... I am the new owner of Kindle with no name and have enjoyed this ownership for one week now. Welcome to the boards you will like it much better here than over at Amazon!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome to the klub Starry! I agree with all the others, it will be one of the best days of your life. Like Leslie, I am still in the honeymoon pahse too.

Linda

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome, Starry. As everyone else has said, you will love the Kindle. I knew I wanted one, thought it would be a neat toy, but with each passing day, I love mine more. Just this morning I saw a book review in the paper (Alex & Me by Irene Pepperberg) and got on the computer and had a sample sent to my Kindle. I simply adore being able to sample books!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Starry-

I'm fully obsessed with anticipation for my Kindle. Since you said yours shipped recently, just curious when you bought and how long till it shipped. Also, did your say that it would ship in 2 to 3 weeks like mine does?

·
Registered
205 Posts
congrats!  The wait sure is agonizing isn't it?  But it'll be worth it once you get it in your hands.  Nothing like having your entire library plus a bookstore at your fingertips!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts