Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year ago I had the dermatologist check a strange rough spot on my skin between my left index and middle finger.  It was a callous that itched and bothered me.  Results were negative.  Didn't really think about it but it started bothering me again about a month ago and one night I put two and two together and realized that it was a result of holding my kindle in my left hand with my index and middle finger scissored around the turned back cover of the kindle.  I know I spend a lot of my free time reading, but I had no idea that it was to the point of repetitive reading motion....

·
Registered
466 Posts
Now that's really strange - I have exactly the same condition! (On the inside of the middle finger, right?) I didn't have any idea what caused it, but I certainly do have a Kindle (K3 with lighted cover). Although I hold the Kindle as you describe, it doesn't seem to put undue pressure or rubbing on that spot, but I wonder if it could be some reaction to the felt on the inside cover?

I also have some similar rough patches on my palm, about where the inside spine of the cover hits my hand when I'm holding it. I never thought to associate this with the Kindle, but I suppose it's possible.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Just wait until that gets used as some kind of advertising slam against Amazon. 

"The Nook micro-comfort model doesn't give you hand cramps Or 'Kindle Kallous.'"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts