Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 573 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Update: the new Kindle readers and the Kindle Fire tablet have been announced! See details on these Amazon pages:

Kindle $79
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0051QVESA/?tag=kbpst-20

Kindle Touch $99
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005890G8Y/?tag=kbpst-20

Kindle Touch 3G $149
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005890G8O/?tag=kbpst-20

Kindle Fire $199
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0051VVOB2/?tag=kbpst-20

Get alerted by e-mail when Amazon's new tablet becomes available!

We don't have any more info about Amazon's new tablet than you do. But as we all know, rumors are rife that Amazon may soon make an announcement.

Want to be among the first to find out? Sign up at the link below and we'll alert you with new device announcements from Amazon.

http://www.kboards.com/tablet-alert.php

If history is an indicator, these could sell out shortly after they're announced. Signing up for the alert improves your chances of seeing it at its earliest availability.

And here's another reason to sign up: on the first day of availability, we'll randomly choose one of you... and send you the new Amazon device courtesy of KindleBoards!

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
It's this kind of thing that makes me so glad I signed up at Kindleboards and have started more actively participating.  Thanks, Harvey!

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I'm signed up! I love my iPad, but I still read books with my Kindle. I'm looking forward to seeing what Amazon can do with a tablet.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
This is such a great idea! I'm a little surprised by just how excited I am about the possibility of an Amazon tablet device. I just love my Kindle so much, that maybe I'm thinking Amazon's about to release an even better, fancier, and even more amazing Kindle.

Anyways, I'm really glad that there's an alert list, so I don't miss the moment when it comes into the world...

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Thanks so much for doing this, Harvey.  When I saw the topic, I thought it was just going to be telling us about Kindle Nation Daily's give-away.  They are doing the same thing, you can enter to be alerted and also to win one when they are released.  Theirs is through Faceook and you can enter on Friday.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^ Ah, great minds think alike!

We are making plans for the tablet announcements, and are looking forward to KindleBoards being a "go-to" place for people to discuss and learn about the new tablet. By sending those alerts out, we hope to not only give our members a leg up on snatching one when they become available, but also to drive traffic to our forum for discussion about the new devices.

And of course giving one away to a KindleBoards member will be a treat.

We have over 100 sign-ups for the alerts so far. When the announcements begin, it looks like we'll have an busy and interesting time in our boards!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Thank you so much, Harvey!!! I am so excited already about Amazon coming out with a Tablet. Now, you are making me even more excited. I have told others about your site as soon as they get a Kindle, because you have the best site for a kindle as well as the other things.  ;D

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
corkyb said:
When is it rumored to be announced?
The rumor-mill is unclear on the timing. Most are saying "by the end of year" for ordering availability, and "soon" in terms of announcement. But that is based on a lot of speculation. Amazon's previous device announcements have been in July and in November, but there's not enough history there to make a solid projection.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
When adding my email address I couldn't tell if it actually was submitted. Should there have been a message saying it was successful? ??? I don't want to miss out. ;D

·
5,931 Posts
I've signed up for the alert, but in the unlikely event I get picked for the freebie (I never get picked!) would I still qualify, being in the UK?

·
Super Moderator
67,350 Posts
Harvey said:
The rumor-mill is unclear on the timing. Most are saying "by the end of year" for ordering availability, and "soon" in terms of announcement. But that is based on a lot of speculation. Amazon's previous device announcements have been in July and in November, but there's not enough history there to make a solid projection.
Here's a thread that pretty much covers all the speculation: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,59839.0.html

I will also note that Samsung is set to release (like within the next couple of weeks) a Galaxy tab sized at 10.1 diagonal that's supposed to be quite good. . . .and somewhere there was an aside that Samsung might be working with Amazon on it's branded tablet(s).

I guess we'll see!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would love to be notified and entered in this drawing. I am still kindleless and hoping.  :'(

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Kathy said:
When adding my email address I couldn't tell if it actually was submitted. Should there have been a message saying it was successful? ??? I don't want to miss out. ;D
Yes, below the e-mail address form you should have seen a confirmation message.

Try signing up again, and if your e-mail address has already been entered, you'll see a message indicating that.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Linjeakel said:
I've signed up for the alert, but in the unlikely event I get picked for the freebie (I never get picked!) would I still qualify, being in the UK?
Ah, good question. That will depend on where Amazon makes the device available; if it's not available for you we can offer an Amazon gift card in a comparable amount.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Harvey said:
Yes, below the e-mail address form you should have seen a confirmation message.

Try signing up again, and if your e-mail address has already been entered, you'll see a message indicating that.
Thanks, for some reason it wasn't signed up, but this time I got the confirmation message.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Signed up!

I am very curious to see what Amazon does with a tablet device. It seems that the iPad's chief competitor isn't any of Microsoft's or Samsung's tablet devices, but the Nook Color, which sort of functions as iPad Lite - I know people who've bought it chiefly for the email, Internet, and games, with the intention of maybe reading a book from time to time. So depending on price, and how many Android apps are available for it (assuming a Kindle tablet runs Android), it could become a major challenger to the iPad.

Unrelated by humorous note: I know a woman who has to use a Linux workstation at her job, and she went on and on about how much she hates Linux and would never, ever use it in her personal life. She was somewhat less than amused when I pointed out that her Nook Color was running a variant of Linux. ;D

1 - 20 of 573 Posts