Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
67,487 Posts
WiFi isn't dependent on the country. . . .you just have to be somewhere there's a wifi hotspot.  I'd assume most major hotels will have such, but you may have to pay for it.  Might be harder to find out of major cities.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I've used my Fire (original) quite successfully in Benin, Africa, Paris, France, & London, England.
You just can't buy any Amazon content while you're out of the country.

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
I've used previous WiFi devices throughout Europe, including Finland and Russia.  Sometimes it's been free in the hotel lobby, sometimes in the room, more often for a fee when connected with the hotel.  I would download my mail to a mail client on the device so I could read it at my leisure without incurring more WiFi costs.  The Fire HD client is very good.  The original's client not quite as good, but still usable to download email to from most major email services, such as gmail.

Betsy

·
Registered
32 Posts
CegAbq said:
I've used my Fire (original) quite successfully in Benin, Africa, Paris, France, & London, England.
You just can't buy any Amazon content while you're out of the country.
I'm a bit surprised because I live in France and I can buy Amazon ebooks for my Kindles. When Amazon France opened its Kindle store, I transfered my American (Kindle) account to France because it was easier this way but I could have kept it in the US.
So, unless I'm wrong, it's possible to buy ebooks in France with an American account. Ebooks only, though, not apps or movies. We don't have them here, alas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts