Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my wife has a Kindle and I have some PDF files that I have tried converting using Calibre and Mobipocket Creator. The files convert alright but when I load them on to the Kindle the font is real tiny and cannot be adjusted. Does anyone know how to get the font larger. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have always been able to adjust the font size the same way I do on books. Maybe try sending the PDF to your email (the $.10 charge that apparently doesn't show up ever on the bill) and see if it gets converted by Amazon it will work???

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
CChamp said:
Anyone know about how long it takes for them to convert the files and get them back to you?
I haven't done it, but some have said it only takes a couple minutes. And they recommend that you have your Whispernet on as soon as you email the pdf.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It's always been instant for me, I email the file, then turn whispernet on and it shows up within a few seconds.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
for me it only takes a couple of minutes...usually less than 5-10 minutes. send my notes from my computer to my kindle through email (originally doc files)...by the time I get to my next class (couple minutes walk sometimes) its already on my kindle

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
It sounds like your PDF files may be image-based.  If that's the case, I doubt amazon's conversion will work any better than yours.  If it's not, can you select the text with the cursor and copy it to another document (like Notepad, or a Word document)?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts