11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$350.00
+ $32.99shipping
LOW ITEM PRICE
Used - Like New Seller: alldayshoponline
Rating: (Seller Profile)

Kindle: Amazon's Wireless Reading Device

Shipping: In Stock. Ships from TX, United States. Expedited shipping available. See Shipping Rates. See return policy.
Comments: This device is new, never been used ,we have 50 in stock. All order will be shipped between 3 to 14 business days ,this is due to the high demand of the kindle product ( « less )
Comments: This device is new, never been used ,we have 50 in stock. All order will be shipped between 3 to 14 business days ,this is du... ( » more )

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
How in the heck can they have 50 in stock. What did they do, steal one of the shipping containers everyone is waiting on? Highjack a truck bound for distribution?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Atunah said:
How in the heck can they have 50 in stock. What did they do, steal one of the shipping containers everyone is waiting on? Highjack a truck bound for distribution?
i wondered that too. Seems to me Amazon would question someone ordering 50 of them.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought the same thing.  It does not seem quite fair that someone has that many when so many people are waiting.  Seems a bit strange to me.  Has anyone ever had that many before?

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
That is some shipping charge!

And they're claiming 3 to 14 days "due to high demand of Kindle product". You'd think they'd be unaffected by that if they had the 50 already in their own inventory. Hmmm...

I'm guessing they're just ordering it from Amazon after you order it from them... and making you wait.

Update: I've sent the seller an email asking for a picture of their Kindle inventory. I'll post it here if I get a response.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just looked at the site again and the blip about the 50 in stock is not there any longer.  hmmm.
Sorry if anyone got their hopes up and it's not a reputable dealer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum.  I was a little skeptical as well but purchased one anyway.  I have been promised a delivery date somewhere between January 29th and February 3rd  which is about 5 weeks sooner than I was promised on Amazon.  I'm hoping that I'm protected since I'm buying from an Amazon merchant and using an Amazon credit card.  I noticed that after I purchased mine, the comment that they have 50 in inventory disappeared as well.  I'm just hoping that's because they now have 49. I was relying on the word of the merchant that these Kindles are new and have not been used when I made my decision to purchase from them.  I'll share my experience with this merchant on the forum.  Please, wish me luck that this works out.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dallas,
I do wish you the best of luck.  Do the merchants wait to charge your credit card when it is ready to ship, or do they charge immediately?  Did they have an explanation as to the wait time?
Please keep us posted. 
thank you

·
Registered
54 Posts
My experience with Amazon and Amazon merchants has been that it is their policy not to charge your credit card until the item is ready to ship.  I have noticed that most but not all items purchased by Amazon merchants tend to take slightly longer to ship than through Amazon.  I'm not holding my breath that I'll receive the Kindle this week but it would be a pleasant surprise if I do.  The amazon merchants are usually very good about communicating with you as far as the acceptance of your order and letting you know when the item has shipped.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes, the comment is back up again.  There is also a new seller, selling their Kindle for $340 and $5.99 shipping.  According to the seller it's been used twice.  They thought it would read aloud to the reader.  Since it can't they don't want it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It appears that there may be problems with this vendor.  I now notice that they are no longer listed on Amazon as selling the Kindle.  The cheapest one now is $400.00.  I sent an email to the merchant and to Amazon customer service.  I'm not worried about fraud as I made the transaction on Amazon using my Amazon credit card.  As of yet, I've heard nothing from the merchant as far as confirmation of the transaction or a reply to my email.  I was given a transaction number from Amazon but the transaction no longer is listed in my transaction history.

I guess the bottom line is if it seems too good to be true it probably is.  My only regret is that I cancelled my original order with Amazon to buy the kindle from this merchant.  I'm posting this hopefully so that others will be aware of this.  I'd stay away from merchants with no transaction history on Amazon that are suddenly popping up selling Kindles.  I've asked Amazon to cancel the transaction.  No harm done other than having to go back to the end of the line.  Lesson learned. :mad:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I decided to go the old fashioned route and purchase directly from Amazon.  I just re-ordered with one day shipping and much to my surprise got an earlier shipping date range than I had before so Amazon must be catching up on orders.  I'll have to wait an extra month but I'll have all the gear waiting for it when it arrives and I know that if I have any problems with the Kindle, that Amazon will make good on it.  This is the first problem I've ever had with an Amazon merchant but also the first time I've purchased from a merchant with no history so Buyer Beware.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just received the following reply to my customer service inquiry from Amazon.com. I still don't believe that I'm going to get the Kindle throught the merchant as I've heard nothing back from them and still do not have a history of the transaction listed in my Amazon account. I'm going to give customer service a call and ask why the history of the transaction has been purged from my account and I will not cancel my order that I placed yesterday with Amazon until I'm convinced (i.e. Kindle in hand) that I'm going to get a Kindle from the merchant.

Here is the response:

Greetings from Amazon.com.

Thanks for writing to us about your recent Marketplace order for a Kindle. The estimated delivery date for your order is Jan 29, 2009 - Feb 3, 2009. Please do not be alarmed that the particular seller that you purchased your Kindle form does not have any seller history; we only started offering Kindles to be sold through the Amazon Marketplace within the past month.

We want everyone who visits Amazon.com Marketplace to have a safe, enjoyable experience. Not only do participants in transactions review one another, but Amazon.com also provides oversight and will suspend participants who violate our terms of use. Credit card information is held on Amazon.com's secure server, and isn't shared with Marketplace sellers, ever.

If a transaction with a third-party seller is unsuccessful and you're unable to resolve the dispute with your seller, you may be eligible for the A-to-z Guarantee. For a detailed description of the A-to-z Guarantee, please visit:

http://www.amazon.com/a-to-z-guarantee

For the protection and convenience of our customers, Amazon.com stands behind third-party transactions made on our website (using our Shopping Cart or 1-Click ordering), by offering customers the A-to-z Guarantee. However, payments made through other means, such as wire transfers, are not covered by this guarantee.

I hope you found this information useful. Our goal is to help you get the most out of your Kindle experience. If you need further assistance, please contact customer support at 1-866-321-8851.

Thank you for choosing Kindle. Enjoy!

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:

If yes, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-y?c=hgfbvfqf3377141307
If not, click here:
http://www.amazon.com/rsvp-n?c=hgfbvfqf3377141307

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail.

To contact us about an unrelated issue, please visit the Help section of our web site.

Best regards,

Stu
Amazon.com -- Earth's Most Customer Centric Company

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just got off the phone with Amazon customer service and they told me that the email that I received from customer service was incorrect and that the transaction had been cancelled at the request of the Seller.

I also asked them if I could rely on the accuracy of the shipping estimate and they told me that they are running on schedule with their estimates.  My final question was whether a second generation of the Kindle was due to come out soon.  The customer service rep said he had heard the rumors but nothing has been communicated by Amazon.

So for now it's back to the end of the waiting line.  I'll be getting my Kindle gear starting today, covers, charging devices, bookstand, light so I'll be ready when the Kindle eventually arrives.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts