Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new mini-K arrived today (I had ordered it on Monday, unbelievable for an intercontinental shipment), and I have been glued to it ever since. It was to be my 'on the go' reader, but I see myself using it a lot while at home too.

It came pre-registered, connecting to wifi was a breeze and the virtual keyboard was easy and fast to use (I'm not a trained typist, to me finding letters on an ABC keyboard is easier than on a QWERTY one), in all of ten minutes it was set up, connected and the books I had chosen were delivered.

The size is perfect for me (my glove size is M, if that can help), I have no trouble reading one-handed (at the moment without a cover), page changes are great and I had to look hard to notice the flash to black of a full refresh (the flash to black doesn't bother me on my K3 either).
The screen is clear and words are very crisp, comparing it to my K3, the background seems just a tad lighter, it may be an optical illusion due to the dark bezel but I love it. 

Were I going to nitpick, I am not enthused about the new screensavers, I miss Messrs Moore, Twain, Verne and Dumas (not Miss Dickinson, though), but that is a very minor point.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The "International" in your title caught my eye - I was doubly pleased to see you're in Verona, not far from me! (Reggio Emilia) I'm very encouraged to see your positive reaction - both in the shipping speed and the friendliness of the device itself. You called it the "mini-K" - is that the Kindle known as the touch, or is this yet another model? (Pardon my ignorance, I know it's showing in a big way...)
:-[

·
6,148 Posts
The Mini or Baby Kindle is the nickname given to the the cheapest model out at the moment - Amazon just call it Kindle:- http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0051QVESA/ref=sa_menu_kdptqso3 It doesn't have a keyboard or a touch screen, but uses an on screen keyboard which you use by moving the five-way key.

The Kindle Touch is a different, slightly more expensive model and, as the name suggests, has a touch screen:- http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005890G8Y/ref=sa_menu_kdpwtso3

You can see the whole family of Kindles at the top of the screen on either of those links.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ahhhh! As you can see, I'm a newbie of the highest (lowest) order. Thanks for the clarification! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.