Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister-in-law was just diagnosed with breast cancer. :(

She'll be in chemo for 4 months. My wife and I are discussing whether we should buy her a Kindle, to help her pass the time during chemo treatments. Plus, we think she'd enjoy being on KindleBoards a lot..!!

Any thoughts on that? Also, can you tell me what the current lag time is between ordering and shipping of Kindles? 

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Right now, Amazon's "Buy a Kindle" page says:
"This item is not immediately available to ship. (Usually ships within 2 to 3 weeks.)"

Anyone with recent experience on how long it actually took vs. what Amazon indicated?  It seems to me that they generally overstate the wait, from what I've seen here on the board.

Betsy

·
Registered
829 Posts
Harvey you don't even have your own Kindle yet!  :'(  You are a very thoughtful man.

Putting sister in law in my prayers.

·
Registered
629 Posts
harvey, she would love it! what a kind thoughtful thing to do :) your sister-in-law and your whole family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Harvey, you've done so much for Amazon & Kindle, they should hand deliver one to you tomorrow! :D

Betsy
What an awesome idea, Harvey! Hope the wait isn't too long.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ordered yesterday and it is still a 2-3 week lag....
Maybe you could call it in and explain the situation and see if they can push it through...I would let you cut in front of me in line for the little boost....
I had a mass removed six years ago....it was a long and tiring event....my prayers are with you and your family....

G

·
I ordered mine 8 days ago.  Still waiting.  My delivery date is set for 1-4 December.  I am hoping it will be here yesterday.  :)  

I'm sure your sister-in-law would love a Kindle.  Who in their right mind wouldn't?(someone in their left mind?) :-X

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Obviously, we all think it's a great idea!  As Vampyre said, who wouldn't want a Kindle?  And it's a oving and very generous thing, too, Harvey.  We'll all send postive vibes your way for quick shipment!  That being said, if you haven't ordered yet, the sooner you order the sooner it will get here.

Betsy

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Sorry to hear that Harvey. She'll be in my thoughts and prayers. I think she'd love a Kindle...will definitely help to keep her mind occupied during some difficult times.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all so much. Carrie (my wife) and I are committed to getting this asap for her sister Laura.

(She and her three sisters are named Laura, Mary, and Carrie. Trivia question: what popular book series has sisters with those same three names?)

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Harvey said:
Thank you all so much. Carrie (my wife) and I are committed to getting this asap for her sister Laura.

(She and her three sisters are named Laura, Mary, and Carrie. Trivia question: what popular book series has sisters with those same three names?)
Little House!

Do I win something? Huh? Huh?

;D

Betsy

·
Registered
364 Posts
Harvey
   She'll will love it. You are truly a very caring man, both you and your family will be in my prays.  I hope your sister in law get well soon.

your truly
Jodi and Faith

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Lighting candles for a speedy recovery.  If someone bought me a Kindle, I'd get better fast so I could spend a good long time with him/her. 

Maybe you could put a couple of happy, inspirational books on it for her. 

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Harvey, maybe you could appeal to someone at Amazon on behalf of your sil and they would rush you one?? Couldn't hurt to try.

1 - 20 of 225 Posts