Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I received a message from Amazon that in one of my books (Catalyst) had a problem with the links.

"The Table of Contents isn't accessible from the "Go To" menu in your book."

I checked that with the previewer and they are correct. When you click on "go to" at the bottom of the kindle, the TOC is greyed out.
I have no idea how to fix this. The TOC is there on page 3 and when you click on the chapters you do end up going where intended.
It just doesn't show in the "go" to. 
Has anyone have experience with this?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Did you add a TOC bookmark to your TOC page? You need to have a Title, TOC, and book start bookmark inside the document for this to all work correctly I believe.

"In order that Kindle can find your Table Of Contents you also need to insert a bookmark called "toc". To do that, position your cursor immediately before your Table Of Contents and select Insert/Bookmark. Enter toc and click Add. You should also add a start bookmark at this stage. Position your cursor at the logical start of your book (that is, before the first paragraph of chapter 1), select Insert/Bookmark. Enter start and click Add. "

·
Registered
630 Posts
Just don't use this for Smashwords. They don't want you to use "TOC" as a bookmark.  Instead, they instruct us to use "ref_TOC" so that their Meatgrinder won't duplicate NCX items (Step 20b in their style guide).  Confused yet?  :D 

1 - 4 of 4 Posts