Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you buy through your amazon account the kindle is already supposed to be registered.  However mine is not.  I guess this is why it won't read the book files I have on my SD card already.  Not sure what I'm going to have to do in order to fix this.  I hope I don't have to send it stateside just to get it to connect to whispernet.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will when I get off work tonight.  I figured that I'd just be able to throw in my SD card and go.  It's only pulled off the screensavers though won't let me get to the books.  AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Vampyre said:
Hmm The card sees everything but denies you your books? That seems odd.
I know it's weird. I hit alt+shift+z to create a new book and up popped screensavers. Worked like a charm. Just won't pull up any books on the content manager. *shrug* what are you going to do? :'(

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
Have you tried moving a book from the SD card onto the Kindle itself? Just as a test since nothing else is working?

Betsy
doesn't give me the option. when I go to show only sd card it doesn't show anything at all. When I get home I'll hook up the USB and see what I can do. Then call up CS and be really frustrated. :-X

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
that could be it.  I'm at work right now.  I left the USB cord at home.  I just ran home and grabbed my sd cord when I got it.  I live on base and I just swooped in real quick didn't think I would need it. ::)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.