Kindle Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Vampyre said:
If the books were downloaded from a different Kindle they wont work either unless its from s Kindle on the same account.(big if there)
I think that even then, they won't work. Books from Amazon have to be purchased/downloaded to a specific Kindle to be read... just being one from the same account won't do it, i.e., you can't copy from one Kindle to another and read even if they are on the same account.

Mike

·
Premium Member
63,458 Posts
Actually, I have two Kindles on my account right now, and I can download the same book to either of them.  Numerous reports of people being able to share books as long as they are on the same account.  I don't think you can share periodicals.

Betsy

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Betsy, I think what Mike is trying to say (and the way I understand it as well) is that two Kindles on the same account can each download their own copy of the same book, but they can't use the same file. Ie., you couldn't copy the book from one Kindle to the computer and onto the other Kindle, even if they are on the same account. Each has a distinct copy.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
marianner said:
Betsy, I think what Mike is trying to say (and the way I understand it as well) is that two Kindles on the same account can each download their own copy of the same book, but they can't use the same file. Ie., you couldn't copy the book from one Kindle to the computer and onto the other Kindle, even if they are on the same account. Each has a distinct copy.
Yes. ;)

Mike

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.