Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the type of person who resists gadgets, on general principal.

Until I bought my Kindle, I listened to music over the radio or on CD, I had a simple cell phone, I never played video games.  I just didn't have any gadgets.

And then.  Then in Feb 2008 I bought a Kindle.  Since then I have bought a PDA phone, an iPod, a Wii, cables to connect laptop to TV as a display (for watching t.v. shows online), two alarm clock docking stations for my iPod, etc and so on.

And today, I am buying a Nintendo DS Lite.

I blame it all on the Kindle.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I wanted an iPhone before I got the Kindle, but now that there's a Kindle application for it I want it even more... I've been in SO many situations where I couldn't really read on my Kindle without it being obvious that I'm reading, but if I had an iPhone I could read a little more discreetly... i.e. work, class...

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
So Veronica - when are you going to join intinst and become and accessories enabler ? ;D

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Veronica said:

Until I bought my Kindle, I listened to music over the radio or on CD, I had a simple cell phone, I never played video games. I just didn't have any gadgets.

And then. Then in Feb 2008 I bought a Kindle. Since then I have bought a PDA phone, an iPod, a Wii, cables to connect laptop to TV as a display (for watching t.v. shows online), two alarm clock docking stations for my iPod, etc and so on.

I could have written this post!! I have only had my K1 since October 08, then got the K2 in February. I got a Blackberry in January, but since K2 I have also bought an Ipod Nano and I just got a DS lite 2 weeks ago! I am enjoying them all so much! Hope you do too :)

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
That's so funny!  I just got my DS Lite on Saturday!  I've been going back and forth on it since around Christmas, but when I realized that the DSi was coming out soon, I didn't know if they would continue making the DS Lite or not, so I went for it.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Yes, electronics are addicting.  It's all good (except for you bank account).

Ya gotta get more and more, and then you have to get newer and newer

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Veronica said:

Until I bought my Kindle, I listened to music over the radio or on CD, I had a simple cell phone, I never played video games. I just didn't have any gadgets.

And then. Then in Feb 2008 I bought a Kindle. Since then I have bought a PDA phone, an iPod, a Wii, cables to connect laptop to TV as a display (for watching t.v. shows online), two alarm clock docking stations for my iPod, etc and so on.

Wait!!! The new DS I is coming out on Sunday! Comes with a camera.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Vegas_Asian (Experiment#305) said:
Lol...I ordered my son the DSI for his bday, and I told my hubby I want one too. I love my DS Lite, but the DSI is even cooler.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cowgirl said:
Good for you! You need a Bose Sound Dock for that ipod.....
I have an iHome, and I was quite shocked with the sound quality (in a good way!)

Anju No. 469 said:
So Veronica - when are you going to join intinst and become and accessories enabler ? ;D
I'm still resisting that one. I have my M-Edge. I was looking at DecalGirl skins, but then decided to buy my DS Lite. I think my fun money may be going to a few DS games now!

Vegas_Asian (Experiment#305) said:
I don't need no stinkin' camera! ;)

Got the DS last night. I stayed up way too late playing Sudoku! I think my K1 was jealous.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Aaaah, I've been wanting a DS so bad lately! And this thread isn't helping, lol!

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Ha ha I was just thinking to myself what gadgets do I have besides my Kindle?  MP3 player, cell phone, digital camera, digital video camera, nintendo DS, laptop.....  I can't think of anything else right now.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What's funny is that my mom played around on my DS for about 20 minutes--and went out and bought herself one the next day!!!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Neversleepsawink;) (#1071) said:
Lol...I ordered my son the DSI for his bday, and I told my hubby I want one too. I love my DS Lite, but the DSI is even cooler.
My partner, Fred, will be 81 this coming July. He asked me to get him a DSI! I have no idea how he heard about this but since that is what he wants, that is what he will get! I have it on order and it will be here very soon.

I am buying it early because I am so thrilled that there is actually something he wants. It is very difficult to buy something for an octogenarian who has everything he needs!

patrisha

1 - 19 of 19 Posts