Kindle Forum banner

Kindle = Gateway Gadget?

2K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  patrisha w. 
#1 ·
I am the type of person who resists gadgets, on general principal.

Until I bought my Kindle, I listened to music over the radio or on CD, I had a simple cell phone, I never played video games.  I just didn't have any gadgets.

And then.  Then in Feb 2008 I bought a Kindle.  Since then I have bought a PDA phone, an iPod, a Wii, cables to connect laptop to TV as a display (for watching t.v. shows online), two alarm clock docking stations for my iPod, etc and so on.

And today, I am buying a Nintendo DS Lite.

I blame it all on the Kindle.

#4 ·
I wanted an iPhone before I got the Kindle, but now that there's a Kindle application for it I want it even more... I've been in SO many situations where I couldn't really read on my Kindle without it being obvious that I'm reading, but if I had an iPhone I could read a little more discreetly... i.e. work, class...

#6 ·
Veronica said:

Until I bought my Kindle, I listened to music over the radio or on CD, I had a simple cell phone, I never played video games. I just didn't have any gadgets.

And then. Then in Feb 2008 I bought a Kindle. Since then I have bought a PDA phone, an iPod, a Wii, cables to connect laptop to TV as a display (for watching t.v. shows online), two alarm clock docking stations for my iPod, etc and so on.

I could have written this post!! I have only had my K1 since October 08, then got the K2 in February. I got a Blackberry in January, but since K2 I have also bought an Ipod Nano and I just got a DS lite 2 weeks ago! I am enjoying them all so much! Hope you do too :)

#9 ·
Veronica said:

Until I bought my Kindle, I listened to music over the radio or on CD, I had a simple cell phone, I never played video games. I just didn't have any gadgets.

And then. Then in Feb 2008 I bought a Kindle. Since then I have bought a PDA phone, an iPod, a Wii, cables to connect laptop to TV as a display (for watching t.v. shows online), two alarm clock docking stations for my iPod, etc and so on.

Wait!!! The new DS I is coming out on Sunday! Comes with a camera.

#12 ·
Cowgirl said:
Good for you! You need a Bose Sound Dock for that ipod.....
I have an iHome, and I was quite shocked with the sound quality (in a good way!)

Anju No. 469 said:
So Veronica - when are you going to join intinst and become and accessories enabler ? ;D
I'm still resisting that one. I have my M-Edge. I was looking at DecalGirl skins, but then decided to buy my DS Lite. I think my fun money may be going to a few DS games now!

Vegas_Asian (Experiment#305) said:
Wait!!! The new DS I is coming out on Sunday! Comes with a camera.
I don't need no stinkin' camera! ;)

Got the DS last night. I stayed up way too late playing Sudoku! I think my K1 was jealous.

#14 ·
Aaaah, I've been wanting a DS so bad lately! And this thread isn't helping, lol!

#19 ·
Neversleepsawink;) (#1071) said:
Lol...I ordered my son the DSI for his bday, and I told my hubby I want one too. I love my DS Lite, but the DSI is even cooler.
My partner, Fred, will be 81 this coming July. He asked me to get him a DSI! I have no idea how he heard about this but since that is what he wants, that is what he will get! I have it on order and it will be here very soon.

I am buying it early because I am so thrilled that there is actually something he wants. It is very difficult to buy something for an octogenarian who has everything he needs!

patrisha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.