Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really liked this discussion opener.  Nice to see some of the non-complainers posting once in a while

Frank smith says:
Ok I have had my Kindle for a while now and here is the ten things I hate about my kindle...

1) It isn't good for putting under wobbly table to balance it
2) I cant carve out the center and make a book safe out of it
3) If im stranded on an Island after a couple of days I cant read anymore (unless they make a Solar book cover then it would be mighty)
4) I cant line the bottom of a birdcage with a kindle newspaper
5) I miss the morning hunt for where the newspaper person threw the paper
6) cant wrap fish in Kindle newspaper after reading it
7) if im shot or stabbed it wont stop a bullet or knife like a book in my pocket might
8) I will miss the mental exercise of remembering who borrow what book and begging them to return it
9) I keep getting free books on Kindle enjoying them and looking for and buying more by that author
10) I cant get even with my friends by giving them broken backs helping me move my books

Ten things I love about my Kindle

1) If I get divorced again I can take all my books with me rather then have to leave em
2) I don't have to read 10 year old magazines at the doctors office
3) I don't have to read sneezed on coughed on magazines at doctors office
4) I can say no I cant lend you that book to people I know will never return them and not be rude
5) At 4am I can order the next book in a series and keep reading
6) No more paper cuts!
7) I don't expect to see a silverfish to crawl out of my kindle no matter how old it is
8) don't have to dust my kindle as I do stacks of books (like my kindle would ever get sit so long as to get even one particle of dust)
9) my cat Cant attack it while im reading a kindle newspaper (well im sure he will figure out a way soon)
10 ) when I read a silly or adult book on the train no one can tell what im reading and I can easily lie and say some other smart sounding book!

----------------------------
I really like the one about silverfish--yuck!  :p

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
# 2, 5 & 7 on the love list really do it for me.  I can't remember how many times I finished a book or book in the series and had to wait for the bookstore to open again to get another one!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I like #10.  My bosses are always picking on me for being too childlike (I'm 22 and look 14 and get comments from my students parents; I enjoy Disney movies and shows; I'm in charge of the little kids, 6 and under, so I have the childish patches on my uniform), and I really don't want to read Twilight or Harry Potter (once it becomes available) in front of them.

Plus, I'm not a fast reader, and I don't want people to know how long I read a book for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts