Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there is anyone who does not dress their kindle with any cover?  My k1 came with cover and so it is worn, but still debating the need for a cover for DX.

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
If (When? If? When :D) I get a DX I'm thinking no need for cover.  But I would want some sort of slipcase to protect the screen when I'm no using it, carrying it someplace, etc.

Desire for cover may come later. . . :D

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
oh nevermind I thought we were talking about skins. I don't use a cover, in fact I can't even find my cover that came with my k1.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ann in Arlington said:
If (When? If? When :D) I get a DX I'm thinking no need for cover. But I would want some sort of slipcase to protect the screen when I'm no using it, carrying it someplace, etc.

Desire for cover may come later. . . :D
That makes sense. If it is not in use slide it in a case... thanks

·
Registered
455 Posts
Have an Oberon cover for my K1. Two Oberon covers for my K2. Skins on both also. Will probably get an Oberon cover and a skin for my DX as well.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I have one Oberon cover for my Kindle-1. The quality of it will surely outlast my Kindle. I woud have LoVed a camo commando style cover, maybe I can find a camo skin...

WellAdjusted, if no one has mentioned it, WELCOME ABOARD!! It is so nice to have you here! ;D

Sailor

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sailor,

Strangedog has two camo style covers on sale now called GI Jane.  At least they were still available earlier.

·
Registered
94 Posts
When I had my first kindle (K1) I had only the original cover for Agatha so, to dress her up, I got a very nice skin for her.  But, alas, she developed a line down her middle and I was forced to use the guarantee and get a new one.  Now I have an M-edge cover for Sophia and no skin.  I'm not sure I'll have another skin as she looks so sophisticated in her jacket without a skin, but maybe...... :-X

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
My K1 has been naked since Summer 08'  :eek:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think, a skin adheres directly to the device while a cover is what the device fits into.  Most covers look like they are agendas or expensive book covers.  At least that is the way I understand it.  Hope that helps.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
ddarol said:
Sailor,
Strangedog has two camo style covers on sale now called GI Jane. At least they were still available earlier.
Thank you. I will be sure to check those out.

drenee said:
Sailor,
Check these out.

http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/4,17104.htm
http://www.decalgirl.com/browse.cfm/4,18793.htm
I would have liked for them to have one that was a little more cammoy, if that's a word. I think it would be great for the soldiers who are taking their Ks along. I pondered the two above for quite a while, but settled on a flowery skin instead.
deb
Thank you for this. I know what you mean. I would like the O.D. Green and not this urban digital camo that they have on these skins. It is so hard to find some good camo when a girl wants it! ;)

Sailor

·
Registered
703 Posts
For those of you who knit, it takes only about a half a day to knit up a cover for your Kindle DX.  I am waiting for my DX to ship on the 15th.  May have the cover done by then.  I knitted covers for my friends K2 and for my MacBook.  I will submit a photo.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts