Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I tried to send one of my PDF files to my kindle, I sent it in an email with the attached PDF to my Kindle email address. My kindle received it, but the format is all screwed up. Is there anyway I can convert the file to a Kindle format? Most of the words split on page and end the next or split between lines. Help!

LJ

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Lizajames,

I've moved this to Tips, Tricks and Troubleshooting as I think you'll get a better response, good luck!  (I don't mail PDFs or anything else to my Kindle.)

Do you have a Kindle3?

Betsy

·
Super Moderator
67,442 Posts
If you want to send a PDF file and have Amazon convert it to Kindle format, you need to put the word "convert" in the subject area when you attach the file.  Otherwise they just send it on as a PDF.  This is because, technically, Kindle (except the First Gen devices) can read PDF natively.

Note that conversion will remove any specialized layout features -- columns or text sectioning -- and likely you'll lose any charts or other images.

You can also do the conversion yourself with a third party app. There are several free ones out there including Calibre and MobiPocket Creator.  They won't necessarily do any better job than Amazon does, but you'll have a bit more control over the output.

If it's your own document that was actually created in some other program, you'd probably get better results if you do the Kindle conversion from the original editable format than the PDF.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts