Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on my 7th kindle and this problem has refused to go away with reboots. When reading a book i have to go back one page before I can go forward. Anyone else have this problem ?? This happens occasionally but never with older models. Once again Amazon has pulled a Windows- new software update to fix known problem and now another issue crops up.

·
Super Moderator
67,324 Posts
It sounds like you're experienced so I'm sure you've checked to be sure you're on the latest update, done restarts, even a reset, etc. If you contact kindle support, that's the first thing they're going to ask you.

Personally, I've never heard of this happening before and I've not experienced. So, if it's a new device -- you've had it less than 30 days -- and restarts/resets don't fix the behavior, I suggest contacting Kindle support and have them send you a new replacement. Since it's not working right, it should be free. In many cases they'll send out the replacement straightaway and then you use that packaging to send back the defective device. As long as you do that within 30 days of receiving the replacement, they won't charge you for the second one.

Even if it's been more than 30 days since you got it, I'd still contact them. In that case the replacement might be a refurbished vs new unit, but otherwise their process is the same.

If it's a device you've had more than a year and the problem is just now cropping up, still contact them .... they'll probably at least give you a discount on a new one.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have not contacted Amazon support yet.Unfortunately this is the second one I have received for the latest version and both exhibited the same problem !! I'll contact them today but I will not pay for another one, refurb for free fine. I wonder what amazon does-replace the board and load the latest s/w. We'll see what they say. Thx for the reply

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, it happens to me also, sometimes two or three pages either way. The Kindle is one I got back on a trade-in deal two years ago Did not start right away. Rebooting helps sometime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts