Kindle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Just got my email this morning. Tried it and love it. I will be using hilights and notes more often now. I will be able to print out my comments before my bookclub meeting. I love it! I wonderif this came about because of the release of the DX which is geared toward students. This would be a helpful tool for them.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I love it! Downloading the notes to my computer was messy to say the least, and the highlights and notes from different books were interspersed (I jump around from book to book, depending on my mood). Now, the highlights from each book are together, and easy to access. Fantastic!

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I just noticed something about this feature.  I have only 69 Amazon purchased books listed on my reading list when I actually own 113 books.  I've sent CS an email inquiring about this discrepancy.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Maybe it's just taking time to populate the list??

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
It's hard for me to tell. I have 4,000 titles, but most are not Amazon purchases. I would like it to cover my downloaded personal documents too. But this will be a real timesaver on maintenance editing.

Edward C. Patterson

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Whoa!  Just checked back and all 113 of my Amazon books are on the list now.  I guess they were just populating the list and it wasn't done yet.  Either that or this was the quickest response to a CS email ever!  :D

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
edwpat said:
It's hard for me to tell. I have 4,000 titles, but most are not Amazon purchases. I would like it to cover my downloaded personal documents too. But this will be a real timesaver on maintenance editing.

Edward C. Patterson
You'll be able to tell by going to 'Manage My Kindle' and counting your Amazon books. That number of books should appear on your 'booklist' at http://kindle.amazon.com.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Andra said:
Oh, I like this! It will make error reporting on some of the books so much easier.
That's what I was thinking, Andra. Not to long ago I emailed Kindle CS to report numerous repetitive formatting errors with a book I was reading. They answered telling me to list every error. I never did because it was a daunting task. I did highlight them though and now I can go to this page and copy them all to send them. Great idea, Amazon.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Dear Amazon.com Customer,
Our customers have told us that they love being able to add highlights and notes to their Kindle books. We want to make it possible for you to access your highlights and notes directly from a Web browser too. So we've released http://kindle.amazon.com , an online tool that enables you to do just that.

To try it out, go to http://kindle.amazon.com , sign in with your Amazon account, and simply select one of your books where you have added highlights or notes.

We hope you enjoy this new feature. If you have feedback please send it to us at [email protected] .

The Amazon Kindle Team
from email

·
Super Moderator
67,295 Posts
The three threads on this topic have now been merged into one. . .thanks for understanding. . . .

·
Registered
447 Posts
I've made a lot of notes and highlights.  I tried accessing the notes and at first nothing came up.  Then I got the message to go to the Home page on my Kindle and select Sync and download new items.  I did that a couple of times and only got one note to come up in a book where I'd made a lot of highlights and notes.

I haven't decided whether or not this is something I'd use a lot.  Like others here I'd rather have Folders.  I won't be using it at all if Amazon starts charging for it.

It shows I have 713 books on my Kindle1. I'll go back and try it again to see if I can get it to work.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Avalon3 #888 said:
I've made a lot of notes and highlights. I tried accessing the notes and at first nothing came up. Then I got the message to go to the Home page on my Kindle and select Sync and download new items. I did that a couple of times and only got one note to come up in a book where I'd made a lot of highlights and notes.

I haven't decided whether or not this is something I'd use a lot. Like others here I'd rather have Folders. I won't be using it at all if Amazon starts charging for it.

It shows I have 713 books on my Kindle1. I'll go back and try it again to see if I can get it to work.
All my purchases are through Amazon. I do have my sister under my account and wonder if that is the problem. I just checked and no matter what I do it's still not showing all the highlights and notes.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Received an email last night from the Amazon Kindle Team:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Our customers have told us that they love being able to add highlights and notes to their Kindle books. We want to make it possible for you to access your highlights and notes directly from a Web browser too. So we've released http://kindle.amazon.com , an online tool that enables you to do just that.

To try it out, go to http://kindle.amazon.com , sign in with your Amazon account, and simply select one of your books where you have added highlights or notes.

We hope you enjoy this new feature. If you have feedback please send it to us at [email protected] .

The Amazon Kindle Team

·
Super Moderator
67,295 Posts
Cammie. . .I'm going to merge this with the thread we already have on this topic. . . . it's interesting that the e-mails are not all coming at once:  the first person who posted about it got theirs on Tuesday. . . . .

·
Registered
761 Posts
I received mine this morning (UK time). Funny how they've gradually timed the rollout. I guess they assume that with the forum posts and blogs their servers were capable.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I received my email a couple of days ago, it was working fine - now tonight I do not see my latest books and notes/highlights even after a sync.  Odd

I checked it this morning first thing - still missing.  Now at about 10:00am ET it appears fixed.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts