Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, today, I picked up my Kindle, woke it up from sleep mode, only to find the entire top right corner of the screen had frozen, and thin lines across the screen were frozen as well. (ie, the top right corner still showed my sceensaver, everywhere else showed the home screen) I nearly died. How could this happen to me? I had taken such good care of my Kindle, there was no way it was user error. I could hardly breathe. The people around me thought I was crazy.

Anyway, I got home and immediately called customer service. Once I explained everything to the guy, he immediately started to get me set up with a new Kindle. I internally lol'ed when he said, "I'm sorry, but I have to ask you, did you drop it or anything?" It seemed so off hand and like he had just merely forgotten to ask such a trivial question. Then the guy apologized to me, because he said they usually overnight replacement Kindles, but since there are literally zero in the warehouse, he couldn't send me one right then. Amazon is expecting a shipment of Kindles in about a week, he promised mine would be the first one out of the warehouse.

All in all, the pain of having a broken Kindle was assuaged by Amazon's amazing customer service. Now I guess I have to pick up my few remaining DTBs I put by the wayside when my Kindle arrived. I cannot believe I am back in the "Waiting for My Kindle to Arrive" category. Ack!

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Kimblee!

That's awful that you are Kindleless right now...but glad that you found the Customer Service to be good, we hear consistently good stuff.  Love dealing with a company that knows how to treat customers!

Hang out here with us, we'll help pass the time!

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Kimblee, how long did you have your Kindle? As I recall, you received it not that long ago but with so many new Kindlers here, I am getting names mixed up (sorry, everyone!).

L

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Leslie said:
Kimblee, how long did you have your Kindle? As I recall, you received it not that long ago but with so many new Kindlers here, I am getting names mixed up (sorry, everyone!).

L
I've had it for about two weeks now, and it's worked flawlessly up until now. (No worries about names getting mixed up...I'm relatively new here too!)

I also forgot to tell you guys about how after all the details were through, I said "Thanks so much, I don't think I could live without my Kindle." and the guy was like, "You've had it for two weeks and you're that attached already?" and I was like "Uh, YEAH." He laughed a little. lol.....

·
Registered
186 Posts
You know, don't you. Kimblee that when something like this happens the (electronic) soul of your original Kindle somehow reincarnates in your new one.  The same friend and companion will be inside your new Kindle waiting to share many hours of happy reading with you.

G

·
Yep, you got yours about the same time I got mine.  I hope I don't have to go through that.  I'd be begging for a refurb or anything just send it and send it now!!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cush said:
You know, don't you. Kimblee that when something like this happens the (electronic) soul of your original Kindle somehow reincarnates in your new one. The same friend and companion will be inside your new Kindle waiting to share many hours of happy reading with you.
I had no doubt. I was thinking more along the lines of twin brother than reincarnated soul, but I think I like your idea better....

Vampyre said:
Yep, you got yours about the same time I got mine. I hope I don't have to go through that. I'd be begging for a refurb or anything just send it and send it now!!
They were out of refurbs too. I asked. :(

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Vampyre said:
They need to make plushie Kindle bears to hold over the people that lose theirs.
I can still hug my current Kindle. It's not quite as comforting as a Kindle bear, perhaps, but it'll do.

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
Oh no, so sorry Kimblee that you have to wait again. But I have to say I am mighty impressed with Amazon customer service. Every story I have read so far, they  have always come through for the customer right away. I think its worth the money to have such a company standing behind the product. Try that with something else out there.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Atunah said:
Oh no, so sorry Kimblee that you have to wait again. But I have to say I am mighty impressed with Amazon customer service. Every story I have read so far, they have always come through for the customer right away. I think its worth the money to have such a company standing behind the product. Try that with something else out there.
coughcoughApplecoughcough

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Vampyre said:
They need to make plushie Kindle bears to hold over the people that lose theirs.
New word for the vocab thread: Kindle Koala....what you hug when your Kindle is indisposed or for whatever reason, not in your possession.

L

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Leslie said:
New word for the vocab thread: Kindle Koala....what you hug when your Kindle is indisposed or for whatever reason, not in your possession.

L
All this talk about Kindle Koalas makes me really want one to hug. :'(

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Kimblee said:
Then the guy apologized to me, because he said they usually overnight replacement Kindles, but since there are literally zero in the warehouse, he couldn't send me one right then. Amazon is expecting a shipment of Kindles in about a week, he promised mine would be the first one out of the warehouse.
Now there's another bit of good news for all the Kindlewaiters. More Kindles in a week. Everybody start watching for a "shipping soon" notice.

G

·
gertiekindle said:
Now there's another bit of good news for all the Kindlewaiters. More Kindles in a week. Everybody start watching for a "shipping soon" notice.
Yes yes, sorry about your loss but look! NEW KINDLES IN A WEEK!!!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.