Kindle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had to have the new Kindle, so I am selling Kindle 1.  I have had it since June of last year. I am asking $225.   Excellent condition, however I no longer have the packaging.  Includes USB cord and charger.  It has a M-edge red real leather executive cover, no loose thread, inside like new.  The outside has a few marks on it from wear, putting it inside my purse etc.  No water marks or anything like that.  I have the following books I will leave on it.    Will accept paypal, or cashiers check or money order.  Will ship priority mail for $4.95.   I do have ratings on ebay under ilvyorkiedusty.

The Quickie
The Hard Way
The Enemy
Persuader
One Shot
Killing Floor
Twilight
7th Heaven
Sail
Scarpetta
Just After Sunset
New Moon
Eclipse
The Shack
Breaking Dawn
Cross Country
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle
A Thousand Splendid Suns
The Broken Window: A Lincoln Rhymes Novel

·
Registered
163 Posts
These are a lot of excellent books of which many are first run best sellers.  However, if they were bought with your Amazon account, as soon as you deregister this Kindle from that account, they will not be able to be read when this Kindle is registered to another account.  The DRM goes with the account I believe.  I think I have this correct, but if not please correct me. 

I stand corrected.  On the other Kindle1 for sale thread it says that they can still be read.  Anyone know for sure if they can still be read on a kindle that is deregistered and then registered to a new account?

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I stand corrected. On the other Kindle1 for sale thread it says that they can still be read. Anyone know for sure if they can still be read on a kindle that is deregistered and then registered to a new account?
People are saying the books stay on the account even after it is de-registered. If the new owner removes one of the books, then it is gone, since it is not accessible to the new owner in his/her digital library. But from what I have heard, the book does not disappear automatically upon de-registration and turning the whispernet on.

L

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.