Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just uninstalled and reinstalled the Kindle app on my Samsung Android tablet and the Kindle icon is not displayed on the home page. To access my books, I have to go to Settings->Apps->Kindle and click on 'Open' which is a pain. How do I get the icon to display?

·
Super Moderator
67,702 Posts
Likely you accidentally removed it from the home page. It's not hard to do -- my husband was complaining just the other day that his camera icon 'disappeared'. :)

Swipe up to reveal everything you have installed -- it'll probably be multiple pages; swipe left until you find it. Your apps might be alphabetical OR by most recently loaded. When you find it, touch and hold to put it on the home page.

NOTE: There are probably several home pages and if your first couple are full, it'll go on one of the back ones. (Actually, before doing the above, you should check out all of them as you may have accidentally moved it.) You'll have to move things around to get it back to the first one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ann but I did all of the above - the icon simply isn't there. This happened once before and I did something that fixed it but I can't remember what I did. Any other ideas?

·
Super Moderator
67,702 Posts
So you did .... I lost track of where the conversation started! LOL!

In that case: I got nothin'. Though I'd probably try it again myself. :)

And then do a restart of the device. 'Cause turning it off and back on again is always the first step when technology glitches. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts